Chapter 29: The New Figaro

Hye Joo

"You said that you're a neurologist right.  Give me a medicine for my headache Ji Seonsaengnim. The headache that you gave me yesterday can be cured by you only.  Please help me out "He said. Oh my God  this Mark Tuan is really getting on my nerves. I can't help but regret on my own self. 

"Okay, If I give you medicine, will you go out or not? " I asked.  I can't stand his shit anymore.  He nodded and stood up from my chair.  I took an empty prescription sheet and wrote an medicine for him. "Go buy this in the pharmacy, and go away.  I'm sorry if I have tortured you yesterday" I said and handed him over the sheet.

He bowed to me and went away,  it's now 7 in the evening and I officially started today's duty by starting with rounds. I asked the nurses whether any patients are having difficulty today and she picked out a few names and their ward numbers.  I went and visited them and checked their vitals and reported the serious cases to my head.

During the middle of my duty, we got a special surgery case, a DBS* case to be exact.  The patient was a engineer and he got symptoms of DBS. Mr. Park Admitted him and he was on operation  right away.  Since, it is an important operation,  Mr. Park and his assist,  Also known as Me will do it together. 

Usually DBS surgeries take a long time and requires patience, but in this case the surgery is going to take a really long time and I don't know how long it will take. I washed my hands and sterilized it to start the operation.

I shaved the patient's head, using a electric razor and Mr.  Park started his procedure.  I helped him with the materials and equipments.

Usually in DBS cases,the surgery is usually performed without giving anaesthetia for the patient because during the surgery, the patient will not feel any pain. The brain cannot sense any feelings and it can endure any pain. 

But the success rate of this surgery is only half which means that the patient  could also have side effects like going paralyzed, becoming blind, losing their five senses etc.  But we have never failed in any of our surgeries, so we hope that this will also become a success.

Time passed and the surgery was done. We spent 22 hours in this surgery and it became a success.  I wished the other doctors a good job and went to my office room to take a nap.  I almost spent a day in a surgery and I didn't  wash up. I called up So Young to ask her to take some of my dresses and come. 

I leaned on my chair to take a nap when suddenly someone knocked my door.  " Come in" I said and a person with a black boots and a red summer frock  came inside. I know the person to be exact.

"Yoojin Unnie!!!! How are you?  What a sudden appearance eh?  How's your business going?" I hugged her and bombarded with questions. 

Kim Yoojin, Cousin of Go Eun Shin and my schoolmate. She is very friendly with us and a nice sister too.  Sometimes, she treats us with nice foods and sweets.  She runs a Korean Restaurant in London and She has connections all over Europe.

She used to be with us in the olden days and after we left Busan, she left to London to pursue her cooking lessons. 

"Heard that So Young got married to an idol, and you yourself got a boyfriend.  That too both from the same group" she started.  I decided to distract her by talking about So Young.

"Yeah! She got married and she is  four months  pregnant. What about you?" I asked. "Even I also got a boyfriend, a Korean guy. He is also a famous singer and his group is very famous. Stop talking about me and tell me about yourself "

I was about to avoid the topic, when I heard someone  knocking  the door. I opened the door to see Suho Oppa standing with a bag in his hands. "So Young told me to give you these. That's why I came here" he said.

"Come in,  Oppa" I invited.  He saw Yoojin Unnie and bowed to her.  "Oppa! This is Yoojin Unnie, one of my friends and Yoojin Unnie, this is Suho Oppa, So Young's husband" I did the introductions.

He introduced to themselves and sat down for talking, suddenly Mr. Park called for my through  my phone and asked me to be in his office after 30 minutes. Hearing my call, Suho and Yoojin Unnie gave them my wishes and went away, promising that we will meet each other.

I took a bath within those 30 minutes and realized that I was yawning so badly.  Now,  that I am fresh after the shower,  I am ready for another duty time now.

I went to Mr. Park's office and waited in front of the door.  I went through  my phone and then only I realized that I haven't  changed my wallpaper. It was a picture of Kyungsoo and Me standing in Maldives.

It's been just two days after my breakup with Kyungsoo but I never had the time to run after him and the memories that he had left with me. I realized that I have found my getaway after the breakup. How do I fucking delete a person from my past? I suddenly started tearing up after thinking about him.

I controlled myself and decided to change the wallpaper with Eddy's picture that I had in my phone. I also blocked his number  and deleted it. I deleted all his pictures and videos in my phone.

Then I silenced my phone and knocked Dr. Park's room.  He invited me inside and gave me the files of the DBS patient to whom we did a surgery not long ago.  He said that he will be back again tomorrow morning for his shift and asked me also to take rest.

I went to my room after that and slept with Do Kyungsoo in my dreams.
__________________________________
*DBS : A type of surgery which would done on people who have symptoms like Hand tremor, and decrease in eyesight to control that particular type of nerve bundles.

Hope you enjoyed today's  chapter.  I know I wrote a bland chapter but still please do support this book. Read,  vote and comment.

P. S: Silent Readers,  I see You

~BGJ