Chapter 3: Preparations

Hye Joo

I immediately went to my home and saw my mom seriously packing our bags. "Eomma! Relax! We have time till tomorrow afternoon. Our flight is at evening 7 only" I tried to calm down my mother.

She then replied " No. You don't know. I need to pack some kimchi since we dont get those in Maldives". Oh she never changes,. I thought in my mind.
My parents originally belong to Busan. But me and my mother came here to free ourselves from my step-father. Even though I try many attempts to make my mother get attach to the Seoul style, she never changes.

I was smiling like a mad girl when I saw my mom running around the kitchen like a little girl who is excited for her school excursion. My mom then saw my expression and asked " Honey what are you smiling for?". I just nodded my head replying a no to her.

I just thought of taking a rest in the afternoon and go for purchasing some cotton clothes in the evening for the both of us. I slept in the afternoon and woke up at 5:30 p.m in the evening. "Perfect timing " I thought to myself. I then washed up and did my skin routine and went outside to buy our necessities.

I just returned around 10:30 p.m after five great hours of spending money and buying our things. When I went inside , I saw a bowl of fish soup and another bowl with rice on the dining table. There was a sticky note on the edge of the table. It read

"Hye Joo-yah! Eomma is going to sleep because we have a great day tomorrow. Eat and sleep soon. Good night and sweet dreams
                      -with love
                         Your eomma"

I saw the message that she left for me on the table and I was touched. I can definitely see how she is eager for this trip for the both of us. Then I started eating my food and did the dishes after completing my dinner.

I took a bath before I could go to bed and sleep. I was sitting on the bed and thought how this day went. I noticed how me and my mom were happy all along this day. And suddenly I thought of all the hardships me and my mom went through to attain this stability in our family. I shrugged off all the negative thoughts in my mind and went to sleep peacefully.
______________________________________
Next day:
I woke up in the morning and suddenly I turned to see the clock. "Oh! Shit it's 10:30" I screamed. Then the thought of our Maldives trip striked my mind. "Oh! I almost forgot about our trip" I told myself and went to the bathroom to get ready. I got ready and dressed in a casual wear since today also is a holiday for me. I went down to the kitchen and saw my mom watching television. "Good morning eomma! What are you doing in the morning?" I asked my mom. She pointed me the television and asked me to eat the breakfast. I nodded and went to the dining table to eat my breakfast.

I could see my mom singing some random song that is she watching in the television. "Eomma! What song are you watching there?" I asked "It's EXO'S Monster" my mom replied.

"What? Eomma! From when did you know EXO?" I asked again  "It's a long story" she replied cooly.
According to me I know that EXO is a K-pop band group who is having a large fandom all over the world. But I never knew that my mom was interested in these kind of things. "Eomma! Whom do you like in EXO?" I asked again. "Kyung soo is my favourite" she replied almost fangirling.

Oh my god! Here I am who don't even know anything about men and my mom here is fangirling a idol. I must really know who is that kyungsoo guy who turned my mother into his fan
______________________________________
Woah! Our Hye Joo's Mom is an EXO-L❤️
Thanks for supporting until then
~BGJ