Chapter 20 : Fear of Losing You

This chapter contains excess trigger content. So those who have trigger warnings  please do not read this chapter.
Scenes of possible suicide, strong language, and abuse may take place in this chapter. This will not affect the story line so you go ahead and skip this chapter.

Hye Joo
I felt my eyes getting heavier and I started sleeping. I really could not sleep well. My mind was filled with worries and my bruises were taking a toll on me. Slowly I slipped into my Dreamland.

The past from the age of eight, started running in my mind. My biological father, my mom and me were a very happy family. I liked to enjoy those days where my cousins came to our house and play with me.

My father ran a very great business in Busan. Exporting seafood products was the business to be exact. My father was known as the 'man of his words' for he never failed to keep up a promise that he makes.

It was all good until a day where my father lost all the money invested in the business. A storm came in Busan which bought down our business. Our father was not able to cope up with the loss that the storm bought. Soon, his business went bankrupt and we had to move out to live in a small house. That house consisted of only one bedroom, one living room , a kitchen and a washroom. I couldn't pay my fees and things went downhill like that.

Seeing us suffer one day during a dinner time. My dad called me and said "Hye Joo-ya! Listen carefully. When I am not here with you, you should take care of your mother. You should make your mom live like a queen. Arachi?" He said.

"Ne Appa!" I exclaimed enthusiastically. But little did I know my father was soon going to leave the world very soon.

That night I was woken up by the cries of my mom in the mattress. I woke up and saw my father hanging down from the fan, his legs lost balance, his face lost his pallor and his soul left his body.

My mom was crying extremely. I saw a letter beside the coffee table in the living table. I took the letter in my hands and read it.

Dear Hye Joo,
By the time you read this letter I may not be in this world. I'm sorry that you had to meet an incompetent father like me who could not fulfill his promise. But you my daughter, do not turn out to be like me. Try to be loyal to your family and be honest with them . I hope your mother meets a man who treats her like a queen. I am really sorry for bringing your life to this downhill. Study well and make your mother happy and proud. I will be watching and will protect you from the heaven above.  I will always love you my dearest chuchu~
With love,
Your  father,
Ji hyun seok.

By the time I finished reading the letter, Tears were covering my eyes but I rubbed my eyes to clear them.

I saw my mom who was beyond broken and shattered. Her energy left her body and she was just staring at her father's body like a dead person. Her eyes spoke exhaustion yet she managed to sit near him.

Her mother called her and said "Hye Joo-ya! We must take care of your dad. We must give him a proper farewell so that he can leave this world in peace". I just nodded to her words without knowing anything.

A couple of days passed any we kept our father in the crematory. My mother passed out due to exhaustion and now she woke up just a few minutes ago. We discussed earlier and decided to go to my grandparent's house.

Two painful years passed like that. Mom started working to support us. I started studying in a different school where I got new friends. The memories with my father were slowly fading and I started to adjust to the family situation.

One day, my mother bought a man to our home and said that she is going to marry him. I was beyond shocked. Is my mom leaving me? Will I be an orphan? Will I grow without my parent's love?

These questions pondered over my mind but my mother never left my side. She got married but she took me with her. My stepfather seemed to be a kind person. But my instinct never believed him.

At the end of a day my stepfather came home late, drunk and highly tipsy. He became arrogant and I got scared. He removed his belt to beat my mom but I pushed her to the far so that she would escape from him.

But he targetted me and started beating me mercilessly. My mother was crying at the corner of the room. But he never cared. He kept on beating me. Bruises started forming in my face, arms and my body. I was out of breath when he stopped beating and dozed off in the living room. I felt darkness covering over me and the next thing I saw was everything going black.

I woke up to see myself in a room with white ceiling. I felt something piercing on my stomach. I could not get up. I shouted in pain and mother rushed inside after my howl. My mom made me lie on the bed and said. "Don't worry darling, he won't come after you."

But she was wrong, he came everyday and every night to the home , drunk and started beating me after tying my mom in a chair.

One day it came to the point that I couldn't tolerate. After he slept, we both sneaked out of our house and went to Seoul to earn for a living.

Then there I decided to fulfill the promise I made to my Dad.
______________________________________
Hey people!
First of all thank you for supporting this ff even though I don't update it much. Next I kept up my promise. Stay safe during this period and don't go out too much. I am sure I will update regularly during this period.

Happy birthday Xiu❤️ please return soon. We are missing you so much! Stay safe and I love you❤️
~BGJ