Chapter 11: Birthday

Hye Joo

I felt someone nudging me and saw Baekhyun sleeping.... Wait! Is he shirtless?.

Woah!!! If he tried anything with me, his life will surely end in my hands.

I kicked his butt to wake him up. He stirred his eyes and looked at me. I Screamed at the top of my lungs "Why the heck are you sleeping in my room Baekhyun? GET OUT IMMEDIATELY" . He calmly replied "It's you who have to get out of my room. Now pleaseeee let me sleep"

Only then I realized that this was not my room. What the hell am I doing here?. I bowed down to the sleeping Baekhyun as a way of apologising and went out of the room.

I saw a white paper outside the door of my room. I picked it up and read it

'Come to the terrace immediately.'
               ~ with love
              Eomma

I did as I was directed. I took the elevator and went to the terrace. I was really afraid of why my mom wants to meet me there.
The door of the elevator opened as I reached the terrace and I felt someone tying my eyes.

I started shouting for help in case someone heard me shouting. The man / woman started pushing me to the front until I felt a table hit my lower abdomen.

Then again someone removed the blinds off my eyes and all I saw was something incredible.

There were arches of  light above and hundreds of roses beneath me. I was standing there mesmerized as I saw the banner read

'HAPPY BIRTHDAY JI HYE JOO'

I was really happy when I saw my mom and the EXO members standing at the other end of the floral carpet with flowers in their hand.

I started walking on the floral carpet while the others started singing the 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY' song for me. I was extremely touched by their preparations. I even saw Baekhyun standing there wearing a blue hoodie and not like the sleepy one that I saw few minutes ago. I was thankful to EXO, even though we met them a few days ago, this is something really generous of them to do for a stranger like me.

I ran and hugged my mother with teary eyes and mumbled millions of 'thank yous' to all the EXO members. They just shrugged off as if this was not something big for them to do. But to me this is something really big because I never celebrated my birthday after the death of my father.

I felt a pair of arms hugging my waist and another pair covering my hands. I removed them to turn and see Yi Zin and So Young standing behind me with their open arms. I ran to them and hugged them tightly for making all the way from Korea to Maldives just for me. They mumbled their wishes to me and I thanked them.

"Ermm" I heard a voice behind me to see Kyungsoo Oppa standing with all the roses in his hand. He was wearing a simple black baggy pants with a plain blue tee and yet he looked so handsome with roses in his hand. He suddenly kneeled down and gave the roses to me. I can feel the heat rushing up to my cheeks and by now my face was as red as a tomato because this is the first time a boy has kneeled down in front of me with roses and it caused the butterflies in my stomach rupture like anything.

"Happy birthday Hye Joo-yah!" Kyungsoo wished me and I received the roses from his hand and said "Thank you Oppas! Thank you so much".

Then Kyungsoo guided me down to a place where few tables were arranged and a small stage was set up . I saw Yi Zin rolled down the screen and connected the projector to the screen. She opened a file which showed us the sleepy face of the 'Almighty-Kim-Jiah' in her pyjamas.

"Happy birthday Hye Joo-yah! I'm so sorry for not being there on your special day. But still may this unnie's blessings be with you. Better stay single like me forever so that we can show off our friendship goals proudly. I know that you are with EXO oppas now. Don't you dare lay your finger on them or else you are smashed into pieces. And to all the EXO oppas especially Baekhyun babyyyyy.. Thank you a lot for preparing for this babo. I will definitely treat you when you come back here. Imoo!! Annyeonghaseyo!. I miss you so much Imo. Better buy me some dress from Maldives while you are buying something for your daughter too. Yi Zin and So Young, girls, take care of yourself and that birthday babo too. Once again Happy birthday Ji Hye Joo. Saranghe"

All started laughing their asses off after seeing Ji-ah in her pyjamas wishing in half sleep. I was very happy that even though she couldn't make it, she wished me. Then I saw my mom and Kyungsoo preparing foods for us

"FOOD!!! HERE I COME!!" I shouted as I ran to the food counter. Kyungsoo flashed a small smile when he saw me running. I received my meal plate from Kyungsoo and thanked him. There were seaweed soup ( One which they use to drink for birthdays ) , Kimchi spaghetti, some lasagna noodles and my most favourite Chicken fried rice.

"Thank you for the food!" I said and started digging in my food. First, I tasted the seaweed soup as it is the tradition. Then I tasted the kimchi spaghetti and it was  melting inside my mouth. I had the best ever food in my life. "You know what?. Kyungsoo did all the dishes for you." My mother said.

Woah!! He actually cooks better than me. I bet if I ever marry someone , it will be Kyungsoo only and just only for FOOD AND FOOD AND FOOD!!

I thanked all the members for sacrificing the beauty sleep and celebrated my birthday . One by one I saw all the members moving down to their rooms to sleep and I found Kyungsoo cleaning the place all alone.

I went to Kyungsoo to help him clean the place. "Thank you so much Oppa!! It was the best food I ate ever ! I wish I could just marry you and take you away from everyone just for your...." I stopped by realising what I spat out just now. His face was blushed with the words I said. I grabbed the plates from his hands and ran away from him just to avoid him.

Dont spill out everything as you like Ji Hye Joo!! . Don't let others invade your feelings. Control yourself.
______________________________________
What is your ideal type of guy actually? I wrote my ideal type of guy here (a cook to be exact) !
~BGJ