Sick

Ah yes, the gif that won't load.

__________________________

You're sick.
Your throat hurts, your eyes sting, your nose is blocked your everything is terrible.
What happened yesterday was great, it so fun to run in the Rain with Iida. You've been thinking about it non-stop since it happened.
You both decided that you didn't care about revision and there were better things to do. Iida gave you a shirt to change into. It looked kinda posh but also not. He said he had to wear it during some charity fundraiser thing, you don't remember.
It has a list of places on the back underneath a phone number and 'DONATE TODAY TO SAVE LIVES.'
On the front over your heart is a little logo. It's a plain, yet faded, red heart with a monitor line beating through it.
It's all simple but you can tell Iida has worn it a few times before. He didn't hesitate to give it to you though.
It smells of cleanness and wealth. Or just being clean in general. You wonder how long it'll take before you ruin that.

You've been hazy all day. You woke up around seven and began your usual before school routine. Your dad watched you tiredly find your way around the house and sneeze every other second. He told you to go back to bed.
Usually, your parents would say 'buck up and go to school!' but today, for some reason your dad really wanted you home.

Of course, you know the reason was because Chef Mike had a full twelve-hour shift today and your dad had to go out of town for some 'meeting'. Your dad gave you some money before he left and mentioned to 'keep him updated'. He thinks you're gunna take bribes. Really, if you wanted to tell him about your mother's affair you would have done it months ago.

At lunch, your mother came to check on you and gave you some medicine. You only felt worse by then. You were continuously sneezing and your throat might as well of been sandpaper. Luckily there are a few cough sweets lying about and they help a lot. So does the water you chug every other ten minutes.

Once your mother left, you drifted away again and this time woke up to a knocking at your door, but whoever knocked doesn't seem to actually care because they walk straight in.
"Where have you been?" Your attention is stolen by this affirmative, yet gruff, voice. Strong and concerned yet also demanding even with a hint of raspiness.

"I'm sick." You don't even open your eyes, you turn your body away from the annoyance and snuggle into your pillows. You hear him tut and place what sounds like a bag down. Mildly you open your eyes and look to your alarm clock to see that's it's 3:35 pm. He must have come straight from school.
"I can tell that. Nearly half the class weren't in today. And pretty much everyone who was didn't want to be there." You can hear him come closer so you turn onto your back and look to him. Iida places a hand to your forehead and has a concerned look in his eyes. His skin is paler than usual. "The class was really quiet." He adds and some rosiness returns, his lips barely move but you hear the words clearly, to be honest, you're not paying attention to his lips.

"Aw, did you miss your favourite classmate?" You ask and though tired you even laugh a little.
"Yes, It was a shame that Uraraka wasn't there." You don't find this comment funny, you push Iida's hand off of you. He knows you don't like this stuff. It makes you feel angry and annoyed. It hurts in a way, in a big icky sicky ball that grows in your stomach.

"Why are you even here?" You ask in a more bitter tone when sitting up pain rushes to your head, you squint but pretend like you don't feel a thing.
"You missed the English test. I told Present Mic I would gi--"
"Seriously dude?" You cut Iida off and lie back down on your bed. You're sick and it's partially Iida's fault. Now he's making you do the test you missed. Can't you just hand in that shit essay you wrote instead? "I'm too tired for that shit now. If you're just here to give me homework then you can leave." You bring your duvet back to your chest but Iida jolts forwards and grabs your wrist mid action.

He seems to catch himself off as to why he did that. He looks puzzled but gets distracted when seeing your shirt, well, His shirt on your body. You didn't bother to take it off yesterday, it's big, warm and comfy. It also smells neat.
"Uh-I jus-- I didn't just come here to give you work." He begins and you notice something off about his attitude. He looks into your eyes for a second before going back down to his hand on your wrist which he now carefully lets go of. "I also wanted to make sure you're okay."

Iida's uniform is off, not as in it's off! It's just different, his tie is looser, his jacket is undone. His hair is also dryer due to the salty rain yesterday. Yours is the same. It creates a puff and waves, which is adorable on Iida.
"I'm fine Iida, just tired that's all. You can stay here as long as you want, but I really wanna sleep." You almost see the disappointment in Iida's eyes. They look down, not at you, just down in general. His features all relax as he sits down with his back against the frame of your bed. You become confused and lean closer in an attempt to see his face but he keeps it away from your view.

"Is your quirk linked to sleeping somehow? I understand why someone would be concerned about feeling tired but you talk about tiredness as if it's a major problem, plus you sleep at any given opportunity." Iida notes without even looking at you. You want to lean forward, to pester him more, to see his face. But instead you sit back in your bed and breathe in the vibes.

"Yeah, my Mum's quirk. She's does this thing where she can make people so tired that they can't even use their quirks. I guess that messed around with my genetics a bit and made it so I can't really use my quirk if tired and if I use my quirk too much I get tired. And sick. My quirk is useful but it's got it's downfalls." You lie down in your bed and look up at your ceiling. One hand is holding your duvet on top of your stomach while the other rests by Iida. "What about your quirk?" You ask. You feel the bitter sting in your eyes. The weight, the drowsiness. But you're still interested to learn more about Iida. The only thing you know about his quirk is that it makes him fast. What else is there?

"My quirk has been in my family for generations. With each of us it gets stronger and we can run faster and for longer amounts of time. Though my quirk is strong and has led my family to a lot of success, it does also have downfalls. If I run too fast the engines heat up, it can hurt if I'm not careful. I also can't overuse the engines or they'll begin to smoke, you've probably seen a run down car before. It's the same thing but attached to my body." Iida looks at the floor as he speaks. He regards the mess of your room, if you knew he was coming you would of attempted to clean it.
He also looks down to his legs. It's noticeable that his legs are different to another person's but not by much. With this modern day society no one really judges appearances that much anymore.

"It sounds painful." You comment, when Iida looks back at you, the lights in the room catch his eyes. It almost hides how tired he looks. He's sick too.
"Yeah, it is. But it's not as bad as that teleportation sickness. Does it feel that bad every single time you teleport?"
"It depends how far I teleport and how tired I am," a yawn interrupts your speaking. "And um, if I try to teleport through objects it kinds hurts. It's my body matter moving from one place to another and reattaching. I usually just try to only teleport inanimate objects but Mr Aizawa seems to like pushing the human side of my quirk more." 

You look once again at Iida's patient, relaxed and interested smile. It's so soft, so sweet, so warm.
"You need to sleep." Iida says carefully and begins get up from his spot by your bed. You agree, you do need to sleep but you want Iida to stay. You don't care how selfish that might be. If he leaves you won't feel right.
Iida stands up and looks down to you on your bed, he picks up his bag and begins to head out but there's a tug on his sleeve and he pauses.

___________________________________
╔═══  *.·:·. ☽ ✧  ✦  ✧ ☾ .·:·.*  ═══╗
"Stop, I don't want you to go."
╚═══  *.·:·. ☽ ✧  ✦  ✧ ☾ .·:·.*  ═══╝

Word count:
1,564