Fight

________________

________________

Your mother tries a smile. Her little kid is home. But maybe home isn't the safest place for her little kid to be.

You notice that your mum has long sleeves on. She only has one black shirt with long sleeves and she always says how it makes her feel restrained.
Usually when your mother is bartending she says Fuck it to the uniform, which is simply the colour black.

It has to be black and semi-formal. Then of course there's the half aprons that you wear.
You think that your mother's has a spilt drink over it. Maybe it just needs cleaning. Everything is so unsure.

"Sweety, you should go to your room. You need rest." Your mother says, she looks like she's aged since you've last seen her. "Your dad's home." She adds and her eyebrow does the smallest twitch.

There's talking in the kitchen. It sounds like an unwanted conversation. That's not good. Your dad's here. Ally and Roki seemed mad. Your mother seems off and Chef Mike is still in the kitchen like usual.

Is your dad and Chef talking?
You hope not.

You give your mum a smile and go upstairs. It's best to stay away from this stuff. But your mother wanted to talk. Maybe that's changed?
Actually it's likely that it has.

You look at your mother. She's gone back to cleaning. The bar is mostly empty. There's a few lonely customers across the room. None of them are regulars.
You go upstairs to your room.

There's a nerve in your step. With each one you become aware of the creaks in the floor. You even feel sluggish with your bags. Your head is in a frenzy, it tries to remind you how to walk properly. Do you look like you're walking weirdly, you hope not.

Once you get to the stairs you look at your mother again. She just gives you a smile.
You both stop when you hear a raised voice in the kitchen.

"Sweety, go to your room." You mother says again. She sounds a bit more urgent. You want to look into the kitchen but you don't. Your dad's an ass. You know that. You don't want to see it too.

You go upstairs. You ignore the creaking floorboards, the unorganised mess, the family photos. You go down the corridor. You don't even stop to appreciate the green coloured walls. You get to your door and you throw your things to the side and you sit on your bed.

Your room's cold. And still. You can see dust flying, you should have left the window open. You've been gone for a week, of course your room is going to collect dust.

As you sit on your bed, your leg begins to bounce. Your foot taps. Your hands also fidget.
Okay, okay, just find something to do. Draw? No. Read, hell no. You're barely literate.
Text. You'd like that. You'd really like that. Maybe a phone call would be better? No, no then whoever you're calling will hear the shit happening downstairs.

You peak out your window and see those previous customers leaving.
You open it slightly and hear them say "again." Or "not another one."
What does that mean? Oh shut up you know what that means. You just don't want to admit it to yourself.

You take in a deep breath, in and out.
Okay, you sit back on your bed and get your phone into your hands.

Your phone doesn't appear. You try again. Nothing.
You're too stressed. Or maybe warn out. You did accidentally teleport earlier.

You stay upstairs crouched in your bed. No phone, it's probably just in your bag but you don't want to make a noise. You would revise but you're too tired. You would sleep but you only woke up a few hours ago.
You would go downstairs but you're scared of what you'll see.

It's best to just block it all out. To stay here. You're safe here.
You're only stuck with your thoughts. Nothing is confirmed here. You can only question what happened to Ally, or why your mum's wearing long sleeves, or why your dad has suddenly decided to not be at work.

He's probably here because you haven't been. One of your mum's go to lines in a fight is "You're going to scare our Child."
She wouldn't have been able to use that one this entire week. You wonder what was said instead.

You should have stayed. You should have told Mr Aizawa that you couldn't do the Internship. You should have taken the train back home each day. You should have Never left.
You've been selfish.
You shouldn't have signed up for UA in the first place, however it does give your mum bragging rights, it technically also gives your dad bragging rights though.
It would be great if you could just be un-associated With him. Demoted him to merely a weird guy who likes to shout instead of your dad.

Are you just a basic bitch with Daddy issues?
Yeah. You really are.

After a while you get concerned. You have a clock in your room, you can see it's been over half an hour but the shouting doesn't even seem like it's going to stop. There's no hints at pauses or breaks. Just muted anger. You're too far away to hear words. You just hear them muffled. You're mum's not much of a shouter. However, your dad is.
You noticed that he shouts louder when your mother is seemingly calm.

Your attention is taken to your door handle. You instantly sit up and look at it, who's there? You can hear your parents downs stairs. Maybe a customer was trying to find the bathroom. No way there's any customers downstairs at the moment.

"Hey, kiddo." A tall man who's bulky and has a tamed beard peaks in. Chef Mike.
He sees you looking worried and scared. You get up off your bed and Stand but your hand keeps tapping and you can't stop moving in general.

"Can you message one of your friends. Your mother passed me a note saying to get you out of here." He holds up a napkin. Yeah, she's done this before. Though the Napkins usually say 'Love you Sweety' and 'have a Nice day.' Not 'Take her to a friends house for the night.'

You grab one of your bags and put a school uniform with it. You try again to teleport your phone into your hand and it's a relief when it works.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
"I'll text them on the way."
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word count:
1,106