Underestimate.

_________________________

Many matches go by and each time you cheer for the opponents you think you can beat. Luckily, Tokoyami won against Yoayurozu, he won really quickly though. You'll have to teleport instantly if you don't want to get hit by his quirk. Maybe you should do the same strategy as before. You'll become predictable though. You need to use the whole area.

You need to teleport up close then far away. But not far enough so that they can run. It's gunna hurt but it'll hopefully be worth it. Tokoyami is also a long range fighter. But you know that Dark Shadow can also do hand to hand combat.
Maybe if you get a torch or something? No, you're not allowed extra equipment unless you sign out all the forms, there's no time for that plus it's too short notice.

You'll just have to get him off guard. Make him feel threatened. If you can get him to unknowingly walk out of bounds then you're fine. You doubt you can immobilise him. It would be funny to have a fist fight with a shadow.
After a few fights Iida says he wants to go back to the waiting room to check on Uraraka. He then rephrase, he wants to go back to the waiting room to check on Uraraka, with you.

When walking down you and Iida keep an upbeat conversation about strategies. He has to go up against that holy girl with the nature hair. You told him to just run, apparently that advice isn't helpful.

When entering the waiting room you see Uraraka looking down. She's really serious about these competitions. It must suck to be up against Bakugou. You really want Uraraka to win (because if you beat Tokoyami then you'll have to go up against either Uraraka or Bakugou. No way in fucking hell you can beat Mr Explodo kills)

"Hey guys, you both did great out there!" Uraraka says though her face definitely doesn't match what she says.
"Oh, Uraraka--"
"Woah, hey, are you okay?!" You butt in and ask, interrupting Iida though he looked like he was about to say the same thing.
"Oh, it's nothing. I guess I'm not great at hiding how nervous I am." She guiltily admits. You get it, you were a bit nervous before your fight too. You take a deep breath and pull out the seat next to Uraraka before sitting down

"It's fair, you are up against Bakugou after all. That's not exactly an easy match." Iida states and neither you or Uraraka needed the reminder. If she loses you're gunna get pounded against a wall. You hope the explosions won't hurt too bad
"Yeah, I'm kinda scared." Uraraka mumbles while looking down at the table.
"Hey, don't worry. I'm sure you can do it." You try to encourage but you're not too good at this.

You all turn to the door when hearing it open. There you see Midoriya. He finished his fight a while ago and it's gunna be a long time until his next one starts.
"Deku?!" Uraraka says in a confused yet happy tone. "Why aren't you watching the matches?"
"Well, most of them ended how I expected them to and it looks like Kirishima's fight is going to drag on for quite a while." Midoriya explains as he walks in. He's got that burnt up note book in his hand. You've seen him taking notes non-stop. Even at a festival he has to be a smart ass geek.

"I'm next, so this is it, my fight." She states, you notice how her hands are mildly shaking.
"It'll be okay, I don't think Bakugou would use the full power of his explosions on a girl. Right?" Iida says and you instantly get struck with confusions.
Did he really just say that? This Mr Class Rep, the smart guy, the nice guy, the-- This Dumbass must of lost a few brain cells in his last fight and if he didn't then you'll gladly help him lose some now.

"Yeah, he would." Midoriya states and you think you've just grown some respect for this broccoli. "Besides, everyone's trying to get the top spot in these games. Even if she wasn't fighting Kacchan, I don't think anyone would hold back. You've helped me so much, it's my turn to help you maybe I can repay you a little bit with this." Midoriya holds up his broken note book. "I've got a plan for how you can use your quirk against Kacchan. It's not much but I did my best." He adds on and you don't know if he's underestimating Uraraka or over estimating Bakugou.

Sure, Bakugou is a hella strong opponent. But so is Uraraka.
You're kinda doubting if you'll even be able to beat her in a fight. She can like, float you and stuff. You'll get motion sickness on top of your teleportation sickness. You'll be immobilised in seconds. Oh well, win or lose the worst place you can get is fourth.

You haven't even fought Tokoyami yet?!
Iida seems overjoyed when Seeing Midoriya's plan to beat Bakugou. But you can tell Uraraka doesn't feel the same. You get it. If you were to fight Bakugou, you'd wanna beat him on your own. Like every other fight you've done.
"Hey, well alright this is perfect!" Iida calls with a smile and thumbs up. You might have to discuss some idealisms with him later.

"Thank you so much for doing that." Uraraka says, you share a moment of eye contact and you get it. This isn't how she wants to win. "But no. Sorry." She adds. You notice how the two boys seem to be confused by this. How thick are they?

Urarak begins to explain her reasoning. She states how she doesn't want to rely on others, how she can do this on her own, this is her time to branch out and to experiment with her own abilities. She gets to push her limits here and see what kind of hero she can truly be.
Yet again another person states their rivalry with Midoriya. Damn, you should too. But not right now. You need to be dramatic like everyone else. Maybe you should slap him when doing it? Proper soap opera style. Nah, only an over-dramatic emotionally-steered reck of a human being would do that. 

Anyway, Uraraka leaves the room and heads out to her fight. When she's gone Iida and Midoriya look to you as if you have an answer for her behaviour.
"You're both clueless." You state and leave the room, shortly after the two boys run along to your side.

"I don't get it. I was only offering her help." Midoriya mutters.
"She'll need it too, Bakugou is a strong opponent." Iida states and ticks you off a little bit more.
"I mean, she might be able to beat Bakugou without it but she's going to get hurt."
"If it was me I wouldn't be going so harsh on someone like her--"

"And What do you mean by that?!" You stop and ask Iida. He looks taken back at your response. Your anger, your posture. It's all stiff and agitated. As if Iida has trigged you without even knowing it.
"Well, I'm just saying that Bakugou is stronger than people like Uraraka." He explains further and isn't even aware of how dumb he's sounding.

"'People like Uraraka' you're saying that Bullshit again. You guys are so worried over nothing. She's strong too you know. And don't generalise people like that. You know, I'm fighting Tokoyami next. I hope he won't go too hard on a lil girl like me. See! It sounds rubbish!" You state and emphasise your words with small hand actions. You cross your arms and walk forwards. "If you're going to be Misogynistic pigs then go do it somewhere else. Or even better, don't underestimate people at all. Uraraka did the same exams as Bakugou and passed. You have no reason to think she's weak."

During the fight you don't sit with Iida or Midoriya. You sit with Jiro and pester Tokoyami. You try to get any detail you can out of him. You tried to keep upbeat. To keep on smiling and to be persistent with your attitude. However,

___________________________________
╔═══ * .·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·. * ═══╗
You can't help but feel annoyed.
╚═══ * .·:·. ☽ ✧ ✦ ✧ ☾ .·:·. * ═══╝

Word count
1,395