Return

_____________________

Bubble girl drove down to Iida's house with your bags and then took you home. She said that Nighteye would gratefully let you join his agency anytime. He also said that you can become a full time volunteer there once you have your provisional license.

Apparently he doesn't usually accept first years because they're too serious and inexperienced. Apparently you're Fun and Inexperienced. A wild improvement to others.

You hope to join Nighteye's agency. You feel like you've improved so much this past week. Well, you haven't actually improved but you've learnt. You have somewhat of an understanding of hero life now since you've lived in a place full of actual heroes.
Oh and you did the whole stealthy thing. That was fun.

You don't get dropped off exactly outside of your house. It's down a narrow, but sweet road.  Well it's meant to be a road but a flower shop expanded their opening to it and the restaurant placed chairs and tables out. The pub also has a few seats outside. It's mostly used as a pavement now. It's funny when people get directed to drive down this road because they simply can't.

It's about early morning, midday. You should really get a watch. The night shift and day time shift people should be changing over now. Wait maybe you should wait a bit before going home. That way you can avoid being dragged into a shift.

You look at the outside of the pub. It's a muted green colour. Light green, matte. Accompanied with a fake wooden structure. It doesn't even look like it should Be in Japan.
There's a few plants outside the pub. The flower shop offered them to everyone down the road. In some shops the flower have proven useful but for the pub they're just dying and full of broken glasses.
It would be nice to take care of them someday.

You question whether you should go in. And if so what you should expect. There were those texts your mother sent.
You almost forgot about those texts.

The grip on your bag tightens. You feel ready to leave. What would happen If you just took the train and didn't come back? Would things be easier? Would everything be less worrying? Would you be missed?

You have a packed bag with you. You could just go. The street isn't exactly empty. A few people walk down. It's one of the main mini paths.
They're all adult. Couples some with kids. You're a teen. Alone. Do you even belong here?

You want to go. Maybe that's why you left the agency yesterday. Maybe you didn't want to see Iida. You just wanted to test leaving. See what it's like. If moving away completely is too much then you could just simply work at the agency. You could live there. You could train and spy and sneak around and be a hero or you could run off and have a whole new identity. A whole new start.

That's stupid. You're a kid.
You hear the side door of the pub open. The staff only door. It takes workers directly into a small room were they leave their things then it leads into the kitchen.
You're not allowed to use it since you live here.

Ally walks out the door she has her bag on and her hair ruffled. Her face is dull. She looks irritated. Her muscles are all tense but so Done. She simply looks Done.
When seeing you her expression doesn't even change. Her eyes barely even look over you.
You look at Ally more, she's mostly in her uniform but you can see that the collar is messed up. Like it's been dragged. One of her sleeves are rolled up and you see her knuckles are reds. It stands out compare to the rest of her skin being a cold pale white.

Not too shortly afterwards you hear Roki shouting as he also leaves. He closes the door and goes straight to Ally who's begun to walk away. He struggles to put a jacket on as he keeps up.

What happened? They both seem pissed. Their shift should have just started. Right?
Why did neither of them talk to you?
You don't like this. Maybe you should just go somewhere else.

You want to ask Ally and Roki what happened but they both ignored you. Actually, you don't know if Roki saw you. Ally seemed to look in your direction but she was quite mad.

Okay, you can just teleport your bags to your room. Actually you don't remember how you left your room. You could accidentally teleport them into an object. When that happens the two objects usually bounce apart but it could make a mess.
You're not in the mood for cleaning a mess. That's just one of the reasons why you're standing outside of the bar rather than in it.

Maybe! The problem is happening in the kitchen. You can avoid it so Easily then. Just run up straight to your room. Then you'll be stuck in there all day.
That might be better than being stuck in the bar though.

Okay, you've been standing outside for too long now. You should go in before people start to stare, if they're not staring already.
Okay, deep breaths. You've got this. It's been a week since you were home. And you've only become more worried each day.

As you press your hand on the door it begins to creak as it opens. You peak your head through and instantly smell the alcohol.
You almost forgot the smell. You prefer the fresh air actually.

You meekly enter the room, you only see a few costumers. They're in the corners. Keeping away from the bar that's being tended by your mother. But she only works during events. What's going on? Why did Ally and Roki leave? Why is everything different but the same?

"Mum," you say and barely get her attention. She looks to you and she tries a smile.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
"I'm back."
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word count:
1,008