Tokoyami

________________________

"Midoriya's was so cool! Todoroki used his fire and Midoriya broke so many bones! And then there was this like huge explosion and like the teachers had to try and stop them and then we all, um, me and my friends-- My friends and I." You give a quick look to Iida to see if you said it right and he nods. "Yeah! My friends and I all went to check up on him, Midoriya of course not Todoroki. Though Todoroki was missing half his shirt and he's--" you look to Iida again and stammer with your words. "Fine, he's fine and has no injuries. But yeah! Midoriya properly messed up his body. He's in surgery right now and apparently his arm might not get better! Oh, um, I mean, it's very sad. After all he kinda needs his arms to...eat? But yeah! The sports Festival is sooo Cool! Is everyone at the bar watching? Did you see my fight? I'm up against this bird Tokoyami next. I'll beat his ass!" You ramble as you speak and about half of it was unintelligible. But the way you smile and bounce while talking on the phone lightens a beat in Iida's heart.

"Yeah, cool, things at the bar are fine. Everyone was cheering you on during your fight against that glitter beam kid. By the way, what is up with your outfit? I know that all the girls were wearing cheerleader uniforms but why are you still wearing yours?! But anyway, we'll keep an eye out for your next fight. Hey, tell us if you qualify any further. Your mum's been freaking out since the Calvary battles. She doesn't seem to like the explosion kid, what's his name Bakuga?" Ally says on the phone. She sounds mildly preoccupied, the bar's probably busy. It's meant to be her break right now but she's a hard worker.
"It's Bakugou and Yeah he's annoying. He doesn't even know my name, he just calls me Tele. 'Sounds dumb." You turn around in your chair and sit with crossed legs.

You're currently in the waiting room. Iida's fight is coming up and then it'll be yours. You can beat Tokoyami. You so can! A little bit of darkness won't scare you. That much.
You hear Present Mic's voice echo through out the stadium. The next fight is being announced. You've got to wish Iida good luck.
"Anyway-my-friend-is-about-to-fight-now-Bye" you hang up the phone and slip it into your bag before running to Iida's side. 

"No losing okay?" You say and nudge him while you walk along his side.
"Same goes for you with Tokoyami." He responds and pushes you back. You walk a few steps slower and say,
"Good luck Tenya." Your words make him freeze for a second before looking down to you with a smile.
"Good luck to you too {Y/n}." You feel butterflies at the use of your name. He's such a idiot with a big heart and he's super smart and just makes you melt every second.

Anyway, If Iida wins this fight. He'll be up against Todoroki. If you win this fight then you'll either be up against Bakugou or Kirishima.
God you hope it's Kirishima. Otherwise you might be dead.

You don't waste a second in warming up. You'll be teleporting a lot so you've got to get relaxed. Nice and calm. Think of things that make you happy.
Perfectly crisp water. When it's that cold temperature and you feel it in your teeth.
Rain when you're unaffected by it.
Rain when you're running in it.
Rain when you're running in it with Iida.
Iida.

That seems to put your mind at ease quickly. You don't really know what you like about Iida. You've just kinda liked him for ages. Maybe it's because of his strictness with rules. Sure in your old school you were still lazy but teachers usually gave up on you. They didn't care about what you did, or didn't do, after a few weeks. But Iida was continuous. Even now he still tries to enforce all the rules on you.
He's actually taken time from his own personal life to make you happy.
People don't usually do that.

Time flies as you think about Iida. It goes by too fast. Iida wins his match and you couldn't be happier but, oh fuck, it's your match now.
Iida enters the waiting room and puts his thumbs up.
"You've got this." He states.
"I got this!" You repeat and try to persuade yourself.

You feel tense when standing on the stage.
He's about five meters from you. Fires flicker and spit in each four corners of the bounds. You've got to win. Even if you don't come first all round, simply getting a little bit further will make you more noticeable to the public. You've got to become a hero.
It's the best thing you can do with yourself.

Present Mic announces the start of the fight and Tokiyami attacks you quicker than you thought.
You trip and stumble after getting hit but quickly teleport away. He's already caught you off. What can you do?

His attacked are swift and fast. They come in at a constant speed. Too fast for you to even think when teleporting. There's no way for you to defend against these. Plus they hurt. It would be easier to just let him beat you out of bounds.
No! Your family is watching!

C'mon there's gotta be some strategy here.
What's his weakness?
Light right? Yeah, you remember Dark Shadow doesn't like light. But where the fuck are you going to get brightness from?

Another attack comes down and you're knocked to the very corner of the stage. You roll against the floor and feel your skin scraping. Owie.
You pause for a moment. Everything aches. You're gunna be so bruised. People said Bakugou was mean with his fight, why aren't they saying that about this?
You grunt as you lift yourself up, your arms ache and your stomach is flipping. The white line is right next to you. This is it, you're gunna get knocked out.
You see Dark Shadow bolting towards you. You can't teleport quick enough. You feel too dizzy, too tired and too panicked. This is it.
You stand and ready yourself to be hit.

But you don't. You look up confused and see Dark Shadow whimpering. Tokoyami looks around defensively but also concerned. You look behind you and see the fire.
Light!

Dark shadow can't attack you if you're in the corners! Thank fuck for this school being so extra. When the participants both have low key bland quirks the school adds fire to make it look more interesting. And this is one of those battles.

With a smile you teleport to each corner. Tokoyami can't place a finger on you however he keeps ordering Dark Shadow to attack. Finally the beast retreats to Tokoyami's side. He whimpers and even has a tear in his dark eyes. Aw, pussy.

In a figurative flash you appear in front of Tokoyami. You smile and push him back. He attempts to attack but you teleport behind him, you grab his dumbass choker and the bottom of his shirt before lugging him in front of you.
Your family calls this the 'Drunkard throw'. Whenever someone gets pissed at the pub you have to chuck them out. You've been practising for this since you were seven.

"Tokoyami is Out of Bounds. [L/n] will proceed!" Midnight calls and you look up shocked.

Yeah, you just watched yourself Yeet your opponent out. You did it with your own hands but, he's Tokoyami. He's mr Edgy and Emo. He's so strong and you beat him!
You've made the final four! You've actually Won this fight.
You kinda don't believe it. But when you look around, you see all the cameras, all the people, all the cheering. Reality settles in a tiny bit.
You've actually done well.

You walk over to Tokoyami's side and offer him a hand up.
He's sort of annoyed, he's being emo and everything. But he takes your hand and you walk out of the spot light together.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
Iida meets you at the exit.
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧✦✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word count:
1,380