Distraction

__________________

__________________

You put your pen down and lean against Iida.
"It's been three hours." You complain and restrain yourself from closing your eyes.
"It's been Twenty minutes." Iida states. Mr Aizawa has warned the class that there'll be exams coming up. Everyone who passes them gets to go to this Summer Camp. It's really going to help everyone learn more about their quirks. Iida has Got to go.
"Yeah, since our Last Break." You add in quickly and now sit up off of him.

You sigh when seeing that he's just ignored you. Back to Writing and Working and Being all smart and shit.
What happened to the Iida from yesterday who only wanted hugs from you?

"He-eey" you whine and nudge his arm. "Iida," you add and lean against him. "Tenya." You finally say and receive only a little huff from him.

He's focusing on his work so intently. Everything he does is full of intent. Every word he says and action he does is so purposeful and energised. You can obviously see that he's clutching his pen though. He's also refusing to look at you at all. He just writes quicker and quicker with more force the more you try to distract him.
You wonder how his handwriting can still be so neat.

You sigh and look somewhere else, still leaning on Iida with huffs and pushes.
Maybe you should paint your nails. Or read a book, nah, you can't read.
Maybe you could shower, each room has an en-suite in this house, well, each bedroom. Even the guest one, but you feel weird showering here. It's not like you can go home and do that stuff though.

"Tenya," you complain again and this time he places his pen down, oh?
He turns his head and looks straight at you, direct eye contact which you first think is triggered by annoyance but maybe these's something else.

He places a hand on your back and the other under your knees. You tense as he picks you up and Yelp when he throws you onto his bed.
"If you're Not Going to work then Don't distract me. Go on your phone or read a book. But don't be so-" Iida can't find the word he's looking for, he's hung up trying to think of it.
"Annoying?" You prompt. He looks even more disgusted at that, but in a soft way, less harsh than you expected.
"No, don't be so cute if you're going to distract me. It- Just. Don't be Within my line of sight. Okay?" You feel like you should be offended by something within that, but you can't quite find out what.
"Okay." You say reluctantly and lean down onto the bed.

Iida sighs as he looks to the floor, he then returns back to his work in this little table he has in the middle of his room. You used to have one but it took up too much space and you kept tripping up on it so you got a small low down desk and a pillow for a chair instead. Maybe you should try getting a proper desk somewhen. Nah, you wouldn't use it.

You look around the room and try to think of something to do.
You would check your phone but, nah. You have a bad feeling that your dad might be trying to contact you so you're currently on a little digital detox.

Maybe you should, okay nothings coming to mind. You want to annoy Iida. It's fun. He gets so flustered by it. But he's trying, well succeeding, to be smart. You can't ruin that for him. You have exams next week. He's gotta pass them.

Iida's room is fancy. Like in an organised way. He's got text books and pens and notebooks and all that jazz. He's even got a whole cupboard just for extra pairs of his glasses. You teleport one pair of glasses over and place them on your head. You can't put them on your eyes or Iida gets worried about your sight.

You lean across the bed to try and see what subject Iida is currently revising.

"If you're revising English then I can help you." You mutter as you lean against your hands. Iida turns around to look at you and you feel happy with the attention.
"You hate revision." Iida states to which you shrug.
"It's not revision to me, it's just a second language. My mum got a lot of pressure from her siblings to teach me English so—"
"No, no it's fine." He cuts you off as soon as you start talking about family, he's been doing that a lot today. "Hey, here." He moves down his desk and encourages you to sit by him.
You do so in a sluggish way, rolling off the bed then kicking your legs in the air until you find the empty space.
Iida tuts at your method but it works.

You spend the next hour or so helping Iida learn more English words. It's kinda fun to be better at a subject than him, but it then sucks when you don't know something. Like How many letters are in unneecccassry. Ally always said a Shirt has One Collar and two Sleeves. But like what does that even mean?
Unnecessary or Unnessecary?
You ended up looking it up which kinda destroyed the whole 'digits detox' thing.

You have Ten messages and fifteens missed calls from your dad.

So Revision!! Yay!! Exams!! You end up revising for so many hours more, you think Tenya's impressed with how dedicated you were to staying off your phone after that.

Why couldn't it just be Ally, if you had Ten messages and fifteen missed calls from her then you teleport to her side and see what's up.
Instead she has three unread messages from you. You nearly called her but, you don't know, calling someone a ridiculous amount of times is something your dad does. You hate it when you notice the similarities you have between him.

You stop writing and place your pen down. It's so late. You've got to eat. You've got to get ready for school tomorrow. Prepare yourself to see people and talk and be happy and energetic and,

Tenya nudges your arm. You look up to him and see his smile.

___________________________________
╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗
"Let's find something to eat."
╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Word Count:
1,065