Civil War 49 - 0

Long days on the war front got tiring. Once you had forgotten what you were fighting for, a lot starts to get lost on you.

Grian had defended the first flag for the G Team but the enemy Team S.T.A.R. would be advancing in the coming days. On 49-0 the finale of the Civil War, Grian enlisted the help of his best friend Mole Bo Gumbo.

"This is it Gumbo." Grian decided he would say his goodbyes to his dear old friend for the last time. The rest of the G Team had taken the Team S.T.A.R. base by storm.

ZombieGleo, Tango, and Isgall were already gone. Only iGevin was left to give the signal that would help the two remaining soldiers make it to the end and steal the last flag.

"What're you doing mate?" Mumbo was confused. Something very clearly was left in the air, Grian had some explaining to do.

"Well, you see Gumbo." Grian managed to say the last part in the least serious way possible. "We may very well be as good as dead once we step foot out this door."

It was clear Grian lacked confidence in him and his partner's abilities but someone had to at least pretend like they had a fighting chance. "Alright my friend, then... to our deaths," Mumbo said with optimism in his tone.

Assuming the over confident role he began to count down in his head. After the third second Grian hit the small stone button embedded in the walls of the G Team base.

The sound of pistons told them there was no going back. As the five by two block wall of white concrete retracted flush to its frame the sound of pistons seemed to stop.

"Gri, we got this right?" Mumbo asked the red sleeved man to his left. "Uhm, y-yeah of course we do."

They descended into battle one last time.

. . . .

Thanks for reading, please feel free to comment your suggestions for future one shot chapters.