Cinema

"Mumbo, where do you think you are going at this time?" An eerily cold voice came from the shadows, condemning the teen.

Mumbo skid to a halt at the end of the foyer. Whipping around to face the shadow that was coming out of the corridor, only the sound of steps on old wood floors could be heard.

His father's lips moved as if he were whispering. "Tell me where you plan on going, on the last day of the blood fast."

"Dad, I told you already. I'm going on a date with Grian." Mumbo tried to explain to his father. "Grian? I've never heard of such a thing." The older man rested a hand on his chin in thought.

"C'mon dad, the blonde kid with freckles." Mumbo was becoming annoyed. "We hang out all the time, you've seen him around before."

Mumbo decided that he didn't have time to explain anything further and that he had to leave. "Dad, I promise I'll be good. Please let me go?" Mumbo begged his father.

With a tremendous sigh his farther granted him his wishes. "It would be terrible to keep the boy waiting and good luck my son." The count waves whilst draping his dark robes around him and disappears seemingly into thin air.

"You're so dramatic." Mumbo rolled his eyes after shouting at his father's antics. At this rate, he really would be late to the cinema.

Mumbo hopped into some tall vegan lather doc martins and plucked his raincoat from the closet. "Bye dad, I'm leaving," Mumbo said before shutting the door behind himself.

His actions seemed irrelevant and foreign. Though he's been this way for a long time, these pleasantries where all for show and where of no value to him at all.

The young vamp sometimes felt himself getting overwhelmed or annoyed even at the way he had to live his life. When he would complain to his father the only answer he would get is the occasional grumblings of teenagers and phases.

The truth was that Mumbo didn't really understand this life or his father for that matter.

Mumbo's pov

Dad doesn't get it, phases are for the wolves. I pedaled my bike to the cinema, the sky still bright unlike my home.

~Time skip

When I arrive at the cinema I spot Grian approaching the ticket booth. Grian reaches for his pocket to pull out a wallet I presume but I didn't let him get that far.

Before he could get anything out I slid up beside him. "Two tickets for Death Monster please," I say already sliding the money onto the counter.

"H-hey, you scared me." Says Grian who was now holding a hand over his heart. I sling an arm around the distressed boy's shoulders. "Sorry about that Gri- I guess I just got excited." I smile politely at the blonde.

"I hope you're fine with the film I insisted on," Grian said holding onto my hand that was still slug around his shoulders.

"Of course, I did tell you to choose anything didn't I." I lead Grian and myself to buy enough snacks to last us through the film.

I didn't mention to dad how infuriatingly difficult it would be to resist Grian during this time, it was a bit too much information.

The cinema was dark and cool and welcoming. There was always a low hum of people talking but it didn't bother me. What was annoying me was Grian's sweet scent and how it reminded me of what it was like to feel warm.

After expertly finding our seats in the darkness we headed for the middle row and got situated. "So, what's this movie about?" I whisper to Grian.

I hope it wasn't anything boring. I was so excited that he had agreed to the date I didn't even get a chance to look up the movie he suggested we'd see.