Ill in Bed - 1

"Sorry guys, but Grian is gonna kill me if I get home late again." Stumbling over his excuse Mumbo packed up his papers and got ready to leave the office.

The new assistants he hired had specific instructions on shutting down the systems and locking up the office so he wasn't too worried about leaving them earlier than usual.

The truth was that ever since the fourth employee arrived Mumbo was finding it hard to manage the team and their diverse opinions.

It was easy to convince himself that everything would be fine once his business partner was back on his feet but, it might not be that simple.

Mumbo pulled out of his office parking and onto the main roads, his work was never done he thought whilst turning into the shop's car park.

There were a few things he'd need for tonight that were essential. He made his way through each aisle trying to ignore how uncomfortable his suit made him in the casual setting.

Finally on his way home he felt better already, there was noway tonight could go wrong. Hoping everything goes to plan, Mumbo audibly exhales feeling his stress mostly melt away.

*B-zzzt, b-zzzt

"ack-," Mumbo choked halfway through his deep breathing exercises when his phone eagerly vibrated in the cupholder.

Mumbo held one hand to his chest and glared at the phone before answering. "This is Mumbo, to whom am I speaking." His tired voice echoed through the phone as he awaited a reply.

"Hey babe, you sound tired." The pause in the voice indicated that they weren't finished and Mumbo halted from speaking too soon. "I wish you'd hurry home to cuddle."

The thought made Mumbo perk up "I bet you do but, we both know that can't happen." Much to Mumbo's dismay, his baby has been running a temperature for a few days now.

"Anyway, you'd better be in bed when I get in," Mumbo demanded sweetly. "Don't belong Gumbo," Grian said then made a kissing sound into the phone before the call ended.

*Time skip

Carrying the bags in and shutting the door behind him, Mumbo's head was then filled with the sound of eight bounding paws across the hardwood floors. "Hi babies, did you miss me?" Mumbo spoke to the kittens adoringly.

Maui and Pearl made their priorities clear walking past the tall obvious man and trying to climb into the small bag of goodies next to him. "Wow, that one's gotta hurt." said a cheeky voice from the top of the banister.

Mumbo looked up only to see a red flash scurry out of view. "Hey, you're supposed to be ill in bed!" Mumbo shouted up the stairs but, all he heard in replay were a few giggles.

Mumbo took the bags to the kitchen and stored the items where greedy kittens and sweets thieves like Grian can't reach.

Trudging up the stair he began unbuttoning his shirt and untying his tie, Mumbo slowly got ready for the night. No one has ever needed a weekend more than him in this very moment.

A weekend to take care of his lover, his babies, and himself. Climbing into bed he wrapped himself around the smaller man in a protective nature and pecked his temple,  the night could continue as planned.

I know this chapter was short but part two will be posted. Be sure to comment some feedback and send me drawing requests cause I might post them in the book...