Teachers Run

Grian walks across the empty car park towards the gates of the massive school. Today was a late start and students wouldn't be arriving until 10:10. He would normally be relieved at the situation if he hadn't forgotten a huge component. On every late stat there is a staff meeting. Only to see what other teachers are planing and to make sure there aren't any school trips scheduled on major test days and things like that. Every late start the staff alternated who caters breakfast for the meeting, it wasn't anything fancy just some coffee and some pastries are to be provided, but he somehow managed to screw that up.

So his descent from his car to the school gates in the frosty weather and slippery pavement wasn't as calm as just a walk across the car park. It was evidently more of a panicked speed walk with many miss steps and potential of it all ending with one wrong step at a time.

Once he made in into the safety of the heated building he made his way to the main office.

"Good morning Nadia, good morning Steve." He waved good morning to the two Vice principals, they quickly dismissed him as they searched through sheets of data for the meeting.

"Jeez someone's stressed," Grian mumbled before moving into the staff room.

"We heard that!" Steve shouted after him, Grian was sure that it was only a joke and left it at that, besides he was too distracted to replay anyway.

Upon entering the staff room he spots his best friend Mr. Stone. He was the technical design teacher who recently joined the school to help launch a new program called Project Red Stone.

"Indecisive this morning are we?" Grian caused the taller man to get started and turn away from staring at the vending machine to give him a look of faux exasperation.

"Good morning Gri-," but before Mr. Stone could get a word in, he was interrupted by his counterpart once again.

"Don't say a word, I really need to ask you a favor and it is urgent." The man checked his watch due to Grians words.

Nothing was happening until 10:10 today, whatever the thing is, it probably wasn't that big of a problem. Over the two years of being at this school with Grian, they have become close and they might have learned things about each other that they wouldn't have realized on their own.

"Just hear me out okay?.. you tend to get ahead of yourself and I just want to make sure it isn't one of those times." Mumbo enunciated.

Grian matched his now skeptical expression and proceed with caution. "I promise it isn't one of those things."

A sigh of relief spilled from His lips in turn ruffling his moustache. "Remember on the tour for the younger years, they were almost trampled by the year sixes." Moustache recalled.

"Yeah, I still apologize for that." Grian looked away sheepishly as he was flusters with embarrassment.

"I thought a lot of things when I saw that it was your class who were the culprits. Then I saw you running alongside them and i can't say that the thought didn't cross my mind that this school might be a little too exciting for me." Grian nods along as he can remember having similar thoughts when it was his first year at Heartland S. School.

"But anyway, I digress. What was it you wanted to tell me?"

Grian's face was swarmed with shock. "See this is why I told you not to say a word. We always get too carried away and now it's taken 5 minutes off of our limited time.

"Alright, alright I'm sorry." Mumbo chuckles and smoothed out the ends of his moustache, a habit that Grian has learned of his friend.

"Okay well, I completely forgot to get breakfast for the meeting and it would be brilliant if you could tag along to retrieve it with me." Grian spoke quickly feeling the pressure of time and Mumbo's equally eager body language.