Idle - 2

Mumbo's hand found the small of Grian's back as he half shielded the man from the crowd of flamboyant dancing young people and guided him out of the club.

"I kinda lied about one thing." Mumbo had a quick change of mind when he realized how cold it had gotten and Grian waits for the confession.

"I hope you don't mind taking a drive instead, it's way too cold out for me to function as a normal human being." This earns a giggle from the shorter man and he agreed, partly in sympathy, for Mumbo's sake.
_____________

"Where are we headed anyway?" Grian asked staring ahead looking out the windshield of the car as the air in-front of him spun like coils of spindly smoke.

"Well" Mumbo starts speaking distractedly at he fastens his seat belt and flicks on the chair warmer for both his and Grian's seats.

"The Yellow cafe sounds lovely right about now." Mumbo checks over his newly re acquainted friend to make sure he had buckled up.

Grian looked up at him with a look of concentration, almost like he was reading his body language in place of his words.

"It's a Yellow cafe kind of night is it?" Grian smiles a mix of empathy and joy.

Everyone in this town has to have heard of the place and they love it for different reasons. It was a 24 hour coffee shop for people who missed the sun.

Mumbo missed the sun a lot, he missed the light poking through the trees and he missed the blue and the green and sometimes even the rain on a cold day.
______________

Grian sits against the window and Mumbo sits where he'd normally be enfolded by the sunlight if it ever shown again.

"So, you come here often?" Grian asks genuinely curious about his not so new friend.

"What is that? A kind of pick up line or something." Mumbo leans back in his chair and folds his arms behind his head.

"You're gonna have to do a bit better than that if you wanna get something out of me." Grian giggles and rolls his eyes at Mumbo's antics.

"On a more serious note... I guess I come here when I need to, but I'm really gonna miss this place."

Mumbo takes a look around and when his eyes finally flicker back to the man in front of him, he is met with the same look from earlier.

Grian chuckles when he notices Mumbo coming back to earth.

"You really don't remember anything that happened the first time we met do you." Mumbo shakes his head and stares at him expectantly.

"Okay, well... I'll tell you what happened then." Grian crosses his legs in the cushioned yellow seats and got ready to let Mumbo in about what had happened.

Mumbo unfolded his hands and placed them on the table and leaned forward.

"It was a night just like this one, only... it was raining quit badly. The party masters Ren and Doc threw a party just like this one and Ren introduced me to you."

"I hope I don't offend you but I'm going to be very honest." Grian's eyes lingered on Mumbo's asking permission.

When Mumbo released him from his gaze to cover his face in his hands, he took a second before nodding for Grian to go on.

"Ren left to get us drinks and you convinced me to skip the party, not much was different except... you insisted we walked in the rain. It picked up once we're where blocks away from the party and you grabbed my hand and we ducked into this place... The Yellow café."

Mumbo listened intently to the story and tried to recall that night.

"It was the first time I've ever been to this place and when I told you that you were so amazed. You also insisted I try a bunch of things and you ordered these crazy foods of some secret menu?" He said the latter as a question.

"Shhh, not everyone can know that that's a thing." Mumbo shushed Grian playfully holding his pointer finger to his lips.

"Alright I'll move on... what happened next? Oh yes. After one shot of mooshroom juice you got really excited and the server suggested another and you took it. Needless to say the bill was not pretty."

Mumbo laughed boisterously because he knew how loopy mooshroom juice made him. "I promise I can pay you back, but I'm gonna have to see a receipt first." Says Mumbo

"Are you calling me a liar?" Grian says faking offence.

"Maybe?.." Grian's face lights up and he laughs at Mumbo's boldness.

"Anyways, what happened next was I noticed that y-you weren't in the best place, mentally. I stopped you after a few rounds."

"I bet I wasn't very happy about that?" Mumbo questioned cringing at his bad decisions.

"Well you are a very happy person on mushroom juice so yeah, you just became very pouty and you did this cute little voice that you called baby penguin, I think? It was lovely, for me at least"

"Noooo..." Mumbo was thoroughly embarrassed. He couldn't believe the penguin voice came out. Now that Grian has heard the penguin voice he is in too deep for them not to be friends after this night, that's for sure.

"I took you back to the party and then you're friends took you home. That's the end, well not exactly." Grian says the last part in a change of tone motioning between the two of them.

"Here we are..." They both said at the same time.

"Sorry for being such a burden all night." Mumbo laughs again.

"Not at all, we had a lot of fun." Grian says laughing as well.

In Part 3 - Mumbo tells Grian his plan to skip town and how he has to leave on his own cause his friends chickened out. Grian is happy for him but expresses that he thinks it's a shame because he just met him. 

Thx for reading again!

I'll release part 3 of this probably on tuesday. I wanted to cut it again cause it was over my usual 1000+ words.

Also follow me if you don't already cause that would be cool?