Room Service

This one is a bit different than the usual fluff. Consider this your warning. *shrugs indifferently to hide any possible discomfort.

...

Grian was away on a business trip and he had ordered food to be brought to the hotel. Being in America he ordered postmates to his room for the first time.

The guy on the app was pretty cute so he thought he should have a little fun and once the guy has arrived in the lobby he texted Grian.

PostMates- I'm outside with your food.

After sending him a text with his room number the blond tried to wait patiently for his food, though patience was never his strong point.

Grian walked to the hotel room door and looked through the peephole and he saw a handsome lad holding a pizza and a soda in his hands.

He didn't hesitate to swing the door open to greet the young man with a smile.

"Thank you so much, this is lovely," Grian says as the man tries to be polite but still avoids Grian's confidently direct eye contact.

"Oh uh, come in," Grian says louder than intended and the boy quirks an eyebrow, questioning what Grian had just said.

Grian, on the other hand, has already moved back into the room and the boy balances the pizza as he pushes the door open before it could shut completely.

"Uh, where do you want it?" The boy asks as he makes his way deeper into the cozy room.

"Right there should be fine." Grian's voice says from back at the entrance, he had ducked into the restroom to allow the boy to move through the narrow hallway.

Smiling shyly at Grian once he got over being startled half to death he obeyed and placed the pizza on the bed next to a bottle of unopened rosé.

"You're gonna drink that all by yourself?" He quickly closed his mouth and looked at Grian.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean it like that, I swear."

"It's fine, what did you say your name was again. Merlin, Marvin, Murro, Mormon?"

"I-It's Mumbo." He says shyly again.

"That's an interesting name, tell me where does it come from?

...

Mumbo's perspective

I was on my last delivery of the day before I got to go home for the night. This was evident from my uber branded cap being slanted after fixing my hair under it.

I was ready to sit in a seat that didn't move along to the sound of honking cars and grumbling engines. After checking the orders I had lined up scrolling through customer profiles.

I was in search of a delivery that didn't require me to drive to the other side of town. It was far from slim pickings but I ultimately landed on a cut blonde with wide-rimmed glasses and a red jumper.

It read, Yeah, I can get the job done and I'll have fun while doing it. Maybe I was reading too far into it, but that's what being on the road for so long will do to you.

I had to create some sort of entertainment. Right now that consisted of making up a whole background story for this very real, and existing human being.

Getting out of my car and taking the elevator up to the room number that was texted to me was all a blur. When the door clicked open I was met by the cute blond and was temporarily stunned.

There was one thing his profile picture lied about; his slender form and shoulders said I work out. It was very clear in fact.

Or maybe he was just naturally petite. Whatever it was, it seemed to work for him.

"Thank you so much, this is lovely." I was cut off the British accent was next to catch my attention.

I managed to reply to him shyly due to my embarrassment. A fellow Brit in the heart of LA, on a Wednesday evening.

"Oh uh, come in," He said coy sounding and disappeared from my line of sight. I have to be honest when I say that I found him intriguing. Yet he was so obviously out of place.

Out of place, in this place of business. I recognized the address to the hotel, where business people of all sorts come for work and rarely for pleasure or vacation.

Upon further inspection, I could see my assumptions ringing true. My brain had come up with a lot during my short ride here.

A briefcase on the small coffee table, the television on an obscure news channel that now brit has ever seen. Of course, the coffee machine clearly brewing anything that certainly couldn't be caffeinated at the hour.

I didn't want to seem as if I was being too observant so I decided to speak up rather than linger in the opening of the homestyle room.

"Uh, where do you want it?"

"Right there should be fine." He replied almost too soon, catching me off guard, luckily I didn't visibly jump.

I simply obeyed placing the pizza and soda on to the white linen of the bed when I noticed a bottle of rose on the bed. Definitely out of place, I thought staring down at the bottle.

He could be here for a celebratory business deal but something about the way the foil of the bottle had been tampered with said otherwise.

It was just a bottle of rosé.

Everything seemed eerily placed and not in a, I'll crash here and catch a plane back home in the morning type of way.

"You're gonna drink that all by yourself?" the words escaped my mouth before my brain could act with better judgment or perhaps a hint of politeness.

"I'm sorry, I-I didn't mean it like that, I swear."

After waving me off he asked my name and I did in return. I found out that he was called Grian, now I had a pronunciation for the almost foreign-looking script that had been displayed on the app.

"So, are you gonna drink that by yourself?" I asked in a playful tone. hopefully, it seemed like I was joking instead of asking from concern.

The blond rolled his eyes catching on to the playfulness in my tone and gave me a small shake of his head to confirm it too.

"I could use a little help actually getting that thing open if you don't mind." Grian hasn't made any effort to move any closer keeping a respectable boundary.

The ungrateful glance Grian sent towards the bottle nearly confirmed my suspicion.

"Yeah, of course not." my unrelenting smile resolved Grian's exasperated state.

The man didn't seem to be familiar with such pleasantries. It really made me wonder why he's come all this way, out of his comfort zone that is.

As if this situation wasn't awkward enough, my brain conjured up an idea that was a sure way to help me find out. I plucked the bottle from where it rested on the sheets and took its place.

I made an effort to focus on undoing the coil of the wire cage around the nozzle. My peripherals allowed me to see the blonde standing in the same spot.

When my eyes fully met his he began to shift under my gaze. My smile was kind but I couldn't help it when it bordered on a smirk.

I pattened the spot next to me, the idea I had was golden I just really hoped that it would work.

GRIAN'S P.O.V

After agreeing to let the dark-haired boy help open the pathetic pink bottle of sparkles the smile he gave was kind but I couldn't help but notice that it bordered on a smirk.

I wasn't exactly sure what the cute brunette was playing at, but I could only hope he picked up on my obvious flirting.

When he patted the spot next to him I was cautious of sitting too close.

...

I had this idea a long time ago and might have written it for a different ship but it is now transcribed for Grumbo. Explaining the warning at the beginning; you can very much tell that this isn't something I feel like my Grumbo fics are usually like.

Comment ideas for part 2 and who's POV you want to see it in. Besides that, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.