Heartless - 3

Grian arrives at school in a white fancy car almost like a small limo and hands his sunglasses to the driver who had gotten out to open the door for him. He then pulled a fresh pair of reading glasses out of his chest pocket and puts them on.

I sat at the bottom of the staircase leading up to the school doors and observe Grian in his comfortability. It is clear to see that this way of living is the only way he's has ever known.

Skipping over to Grian I decide to mess with him a bit. We had a conversation over the phone where he expressed that he felt he could help me understand his experience while he learned about where I come from.

"Hey Grian." I ruffle his hair with a smirk and a flash of horror goes across his face before turning to something more sinister.

As if he had prepared for this very moment he mumbles something to himself and begins pulling off the top layer of his outfit.

"I was gonna wait until I got to a restroom but since you are so eager..." Grian says speaking louder but trails off in the same mumbling manner. I crossed my arms across my chest and I waited for him to be done.

"Alright, how do I look?"

He seemed to be really proud of what he had come up with and it took a lot in me not to crack up laughing. It seems he has enlisted the help of the internet and he has adopted the e-boy aesthetic.

"It's not, that bad." I shrug and Grian smirks, "Jealous?"

"Oh yeah, I'm so jealous that I'm not gonna get stared at by every other student and their mothers."

Grian clearly didn't understand my joke and he waved goodbye to his driver and we headed into the school.

No one's POV

There was no easy way of explaining to Grian how Mumbo's life was so different to what it is now. Mumbo was almost sure that if he could have had it go any other way he'd choose to stay right where he was, as a city kid in an overpopulated public school.

It was a selfish enough thought to remain just that, floating around inside his head. If he thought about how happy his mum was with Mark and all the opportunities that have come his and his mum's way, he would begin to feel silly for not wanting any of it.

"Don't pity yourself M- Imean Oliver, It isn't a good look. Now who's going first?" The two young boys stood in the front foyer to break down how exactly this learning scheme will work.

"Well I haven't come prepared in a costume or anything so I'm going to have to take the backseat on this one." Grian rolled his eyes at Mumbo's unwillingness to comply with their previous discussion, he had a lot to say over the phone.

"All talk and no walk huh?" Grian expressed his dismay.

"In that case, I'll go first then." Grian rolled up the sleeves of the black and white striped long sleeves and readjusts the oversized band tee that almost threatened to expose a shoulder.

He didn't think the over the shoulder look would suit him and despite being proactive in most situations, he simply didn't have time to go and pick up a smaller size.

"Why'd you come dressed in that thing anyway?" Mumbo asked validly. It wasn't as if he had ever worn anything similar and so it was odd that that was Grian's first choice character element in becoming Mumbo.

"It's not like I can just tell someone to go and pick up something like this, I had to be somewhat secretive about this." Grian's explanation garnered and unimpressed look from the dark haired boy.

"Okay, the truth is that I tried to do some research but I kinda got bored and just bought what I thought was cool." Grian scratched his head nervously and waited for Mumbo to replay.

An unexpected smirked spread across the boys face at his newly friend's confession.

"So, what I'm hearing is that you think I'm cool."

Now how on earth could he have gotten that from what I just said. "You think I wear cooler clothes than you at least." Mumbo almost begged for that validation at least but Grian wasn't one to give in so easily.

"Do you not like my usual dressing style?" Grian asked in a sweet yet condescending tone of voice causing Mumbo to be fooled.

"No that's not what I meant, I- I was just asking but no... I like what you wear, I think it suits you nicely?" the latter was phrased more as a question and Grian found it cute how Mumbo became flustered at the fact.

It wasn't clear if he was asking him or telling him but they had bigger fish to fry. After Grian gave Mumbo a spare copy of his personal timetable Mumbo was set to be Grian for a day as they had originally planned.

Much to Mumbo's liking, the plan greatly hinged on meeting at the set time for lunch. Equally as much to his detriment this time, Mumbo would have to meet Grian's friends as well.

In part 4 we continue to follow Golden boy Grian the newly turned e-boy as he teaches Mumbo/Oliver how to survive in a rich eat rich school of brats. (If you want me to continue Heartless comment or favorite this chapter.)

(There might be errors, comment them and I'll fix it.)

*derpy face emoji that doesn't exist