Ill in Bed - 2

After a few seconds of silence Grian sits up deliberately. As much as he didn't want to, he had to wake Mumbo. 

They did have plans after all and he's sure Mumbo wouldn't forgive him if he let him sleep past it. "This is the weekend of fun," Mumbo had been saying.

With a rasp in his voice due to the common cold Grian stopped Mumbo from falling into any deeper slumber. "C'mon, your sleep schedule will be ruined if you fall asleep now."

Mumbo smirked, it's common to lose your voice when ill but Mumbo wondered why it made him feel so weird towards Grian this particular time. A warm feeling swirled in his stomach and he fought it off consciously.

"I haven't even eaten yet," Grian instantly regretted saying that. "You haven't eaten all day?, I left you lunch and everything." Mumbo was less upset and mostly worried about Grian.

"I-I wasn't hungry." Grian knew he would worry but, being ill caused him to lose his appetite often. To be honest, he felt fine.

"Thanks for waking me," said Mumbo as he shuffled off the bed to exit the bedroom but stopped himself when he got to the door frame.

"Have everything ready for when I'm finished," He told Grian over his shoulder. Grian nodded with passion hopping off the bed then to his knees as he assembled the mess in front of him.

*Meanwhile

Mumbo trotted down the stairs and back into the kitchen were Maui and Pearl where waiting. Feeding time in the Grumbo household was usually this way.

After feeding the kitties and washing his hands, Mumbo then took the bags of goodies out of the fridge and began to prepare some dinner.

Yaki udon noodles stir fried with tofu, red peppers, carrots, broccoli, cilantro, mushroom, green onion, and of course some soy based sauce.

Mumbo placed the two bowls on a wood food tray along with some chopsticks and made his way over to the living room. "Uh- Mumbo, I think we've got a problem." Grian notifies the other man who is setting the dishes beautifully on a small coffee table.

Grian tumbles down the stairs then appears at the entrance of the living room holding up two of his and Mumbo's favorite games. "Rock, paper, scissors, Mario cart versus smash bros it's an easy fix," Mumbo stated matter-of-factly.

Grian was dumbfounded for a second but agreed all the same. Mumbo loved cars so it was no secret what game he was voting for. 

Grian just frankly enjoys conflict, making super smash bros the obvious choice for him. "I'm at quite a disadvantage as the smell of food is all I can think about though," said Mumbo realizing his potential down fall.

"The only thing you'll be thinking about is me kicking your butt in smash bros," Grian says confidently.

"Then get over here and face me like a man," Mumbo played along with Grian, trying no to laugh too much as Grian stomped over to him with faux aggression.

"Rock, paper, scissors!" they shouted together. Mumbo immediately won the first round with scissors to Grian's paper.

"Ha, no one ever chooses scissors. This is gonna be so easy." Mumbo baited Grian in a mocking tone.

"Where'd you learn that fun fact, huh Mumbo? You play a lot of rock, paper, scissors on your free time." It was hard for Mumbo to tell if this was just genuine curiosity or something else.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Grian shouted this louder than Mumbo but he wasn't sly enough. "Woah, you can't say shoot. It gives you more time to see what I'm gonna pull next." Mumbo wasn't fond of the cheeky game choice.

Grian took the point anyway, so now it was all or nothing. "I can't wait to pound you into the ground." Grian snickers evilly.

"Dude, chill out. Why are you so aggro today anyway?" Mumbo's face took on a concerned look for a flash of a second then back to his game face.

"I'm sick of being ill!" Grian shouted. "Rock, paper, scissors, shoot," Grian said again but this time Mumbo was ready for it. He won with his signature move when in doubt, scissors to paper.

"Yes, that means I won, and we get to play Mario cart. No pounding me into the floor in this game." Mumbo stuck out his tongue playfully.

*time skip

After eating their meals they sat on the couch to play Mario cart. Mumbo was pro at this game and he often let Grian win a few rounds so he wouldn't get discouraged.

Ultimately Grian ended up winning but didn't seem to really care as he didn't rub it in. "Did you really want to pound me that much?" Mumbo asked turning towards Grian.

Grian got up and lodged himself between Mumbo and the couch. "I'll pound you another time," Grian said before kissing Mumbo's shoulder, he needed to be done for the day.

What a sweet little threat Mumbo thought as he drifted out of consciousness. Today was a long day for him but he was grateful he hadn't ruined the plans for the weekend of fun.

Grian dislodged himself from the warm shelter going over to clean up the leftover food. He then grabbed a blanket from the other end of the couch and covered himself and Mumbo.

He'd let Mumbo sleep this time. After all, they have the whole weekend ahead of them.

. . . .

Thank you for reading all the way to the end.