Just Friends - 5

"So, what're we doing again?" Grian sat on the floor of his shared dorm room and stared up at his best friend who sat on his twin sized bed.

"I-I was thinking we could just hang out in town, If that's cool with you?" Grian smiled lopsidedly at the mess of his adorable best friend.

Debatable whether it was in admiration or blind delusion from lack of sleep but in Grian's eyes Mumbo was the most precious human in that moment.

It was around the holidays when students were either locked in their rooms studying or at home with their families while... studying.

Because of Grian's insatiable luck with an extra side of sarcasm, Brent was not one of those students who went home for the holidays.

His plan to have Mumbo stay over heavily backfired when both him and Mumbo got back from seeing a film at the cinema and Brent was heard snoring away in his bed.

They didn't have a couch big enough for the tall brunette and Grian's twin bed could only handle so much. Desperate times truly called for desperate measures.

They really did try to make it work but the small twin didn't allow for it. Halfway through the night Grian grumpily untangled himself from Mumo's warmth and sat on the recliner.

He was small enough for the adjustable chair to cater to his sleepy needs but nothing beat a normal bed, he wasn't the most thrilled about sleeping on the recliner but Mumbo's goofy smile and cute bed head made it a little more worth it.

"Why'd you leave me anyway, did I start snoring?" Mumbo asked the blonde watching as he made his way into the restroom.

"No, you were fine. I just couldn't get to sleep is all." Grian told a white light peeking his head past the doorframe and into Mumbo's general direction before going back into the restroom to get ready for the day.

"Oh, okay." Mumbo clumsily climbed out of the bed being awkwardly aware of how his lanky limbs contrasted with the small bed and he chuckled at that. It was one of those things that you only find amusing to yourself and none else would get it.

"The restroom is free beanstalk, I'm gonna grab us some coffee from down the hall." Grian says darting out of the restroom fully ready only after a few minutes.

"Okay- ..." Mumbo wasn't quick enough to think of a retort and he heard Grian snicker before the door fully shut.

With a great big smile on his face Mumbo got dressed next. He was left with his thoughts and Brent's distressing snores but, he was happy all the same.

...

"Oh, it's the boyfriend." Brent had woken up and nearly knocked into Mumbo as he headed into the restroom just when Mumbo was heading out.

Mumbo blushes furiously and corrected the man, although Brent seemed thoroughly unconvinced. Mumbo had done the right thing regardless, by telling the truth.

"We're uh, we're heading out so you won't have to worry about me taking up too much of your shared space," Mumbo answered politely.

"Sure dude, I'm hitting the gym anyway and I'll be out for the rest of today too. Feel free to do whatever man, that Grian kid could really benefit from breaking a sweat.

It was terribly unclear what he meant by that statement and Mumbo didn't know how to reply witch again caused him to become flustered and a bit pink too.

Brent only laughed and he closed the bathroom door behind himself.

Mumbo turned away and rubbed his hand on his jeans. He'll meet Grian out there he thought and headed out of the dorms.