3. shirtless

This quote gives me life.

EVAN WOLFE

I couldn't comprehend how much my back hurt, I could feel dirt and gravel in my cut which was making it uncomfortable for me to take part in Jaxon's stupid training game.

Attempting to join in, I find myself catching my breath behind a tree. Gritting my teeth at the burning sensation that run up and down my spine.

I become alert when I see another wolf hurling towards me but when I notice that it's only Lucy, Jaxon's sister, I calm myself.

Her pale blue eyes watch me carefully as she inches closer to my shaking wolf.

What's wrong? Are you hurt? Her soft voice is instantly in my head.

Holding her worried gaze, I eventually nod at her words.

Where?

Letting out a quiet breath, I pad around slowly in a circle and show Lucy my back.

Shit, Evan! Her voice sounds concerned, I knew it was bad. I'm taking you back to the house now, that needs to be seen to before it gets infected. You know what happened last time.

I shake my head towards her.

No. I say instantly. Jaxon will be mad.

Lucy rolls her eyes and nudges me to start walking back to the house. Well Jaxon can deal with me, you're hurt. That's what matters.

I smile gently at her as we walk in the direction of the house.

Lucy mindlinks me small talk along the way but after today's antics, I didn't really feel like talking. In fact I felt like shutting myself away forever, away from anymore hurt that I could endure.

When we get back to the pack house I instantly put some clothes on, as I enter the kitchen Lucy begins to shake her head and tut at me. "Take your T-shirt off, I need to clean your wound." She tells me.

I hesitantly play with the hem of my black t-shirt. Pulling it up and over my head, I keep the material firmly over my forearms. Lucy's hand snatches the top from my hands and I quickly cup my arms towards my body.

"Your back muscles were tensing, I need to see what I'm working with here." I hear her voice behind me as she routes through the cupboards for the first aid kit.

This wouldn't be the first time that Lucy has patched me up, in fact it happens almost every time we go out to train. I hated that I couldn't heal, it ruined everything.

Without warning Lucy presses a wet cotton pad to my back and I hiss out, it felt like acid on my skin. "Fuck!" I curse.

"Sorry," Lucy says quietly as she begins to wipe around my cuts. "So, what do you think of Caleb and his pack?"

My eyes shift up slightly at her words and they stare hard at the fridge in front of me. I swallow harshly and shrug, causing the pad to fly into my wound again. I groan at how much it hurt. "I don't know," I say groggily.