honest .52

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily

CALEB VELLA

I didn't sleep, I didn't even shut my eyes once. The fear of letting Evan slip through my fingers again was rattling my body. Evan's lips are pressed firmly to my neck as he sleeps, his breath brushing the hairs on my skin. His little fingers wrapped around the front of my bicep.

Trying my hardest not to tighten my grip on him, worried that I'll wake him up. My brain kept wandering to wanting to smash my fists into Miles' face continuously, how could he take advantage of someone who is so clearly vulnerable and needed help?

Evan stirs in my arms before rolling to the other side of the bed, his skin feeling warm and sticky against mine. I smile and push myself from the bed, it was almost the morning now. The sun shining through the balcony window, lightly hitting the walls.

My eyes look down to Evan in my bed, his tiny body curled up into a ball. The things I would do to Miles to make him pay for what he did to my mate. For the things he said and the things he did.

Gritting my teeth tightly as I pace up and down my room. I needed every strength inside me to not go and hunt Miles down and serve his head on a fucking plate. But it was too late, I was already putting on a t-shirt and sweatpants and letting my anger build inside me.

A grunt comes from the bed as Evan opens his tired eyes before rubbing them harshly. He moves underneath the sheets and presses his palm to the bed to push himself up. Slowly his eyes find mine and he looks at me confused.

"Where are you going?" Evan's voice croaks as he glances at me.

I shake my head quickly. "I-I wasn't," my voice is low.

Evan's eyes narrow towards me, suspicions raising in his body. "I know when you're lying Caleb," he says causally and it shouldn't have made me feel good but it did.

A hand runs over my face before a deep sigh escapes my lips.

"Where were you going?" He says stronger this time, his words demanding as he pushes the black sheets fully off his body and shuffles closer to me.

My jaw relaxes when I realise it was still tense. "I was going to find Miles," I say as I keep my eyes training on Evan.

"You what?" He breathes out in disbelief.

"I can't just sit here and accept what he's done to you, when I know he's got into your head and completely fucked with your feelings. I can't just do nothing pups," my fingers lace through my hair and I look up at the ceiling.

Evan leaps out of the bed and stands directly in front of me. "No Caleb, please don't do that. I beg you, please don't make things worse." His big eyes pleading with me to listen to him.

But what struck me the most was the flash of fear in his eyes, shattering my heart into pieces. "You don't need to be scared of him anymore,"

He swallows harshly, not even trying to dismiss the idea because we both knew he was and that upset me more that I thought it would. "I just really don't want to see him again,"

My lips frown a little too quickly and Evan notices. "You won't have to see him, I just can't let him get away with what he did to you."