support .51

You guys know the drill. Vote, comment, follow. Ily.

CALEB VELLA

Even though Evan was in my arms, my body still felt on edge and I didn't like the feeling one bit. Bringing him back inside, Felix waits at the back door and gives me a reassuring nod once he realises that everything is okay.

"Are you still hungry?" I ask Evan as I close and lock the door behind him.

Evan's eyes find mine as he stands barefoot on the marble floor. "Urm—" his voice is stuck in his throat and he fumbles with his hands.

"Let me make you something," I say as I run a hand through my hair, my body itching to do something productive.

My mind hurt and trying to convince myself that everything will be fine was proving to be difficult. I wanted to be useful, I wanted to help in some way. Show him that someone cares, even if it's the smallest gesture.

"No Caleb, it's fine I'm oka—"

"Please pups," my voice comes out harsh and Evan instantly shuts his lips. "Just please, let me make you something."

His throat swallows before nodding.

"Thank you," I tell him before guiding him into the kitchen. Sitting him down at the island stool, I quickly pour him a glass of fresh water and place it in front of him.

I can feel Evan's eyes on me as I look through the cupboards, his hands still fumbling in front of him. Reaching for the loaf of bread and placing two slices into the toaster, I dig around for some jam knowing that he loved strawberries.

My mind wanted to wander and I try my hardest to not let it because any second it felt like I was going to explode. Leaning onto the counter as my eyes train on the toaster in front of me, my fingers grip onto the counter and I grit my teeth.

The pain that etched throughout my body wasn't a pain that hurt but a pain that made me feel helpless. I felt like no matter what I did, I could never help Evan. Those scars on his wrists, I did that. Being manipulated into a relationship with Miles, I did that. Not being there for him, I did that.

My head lowers to the counter, trying my best to not let my eyes sprout with tears. Watching someone you love deteriorate because of the actions you made. I know I could have dealt with the situation better, I could have reassured him that everything was going to be okay and I would come back for him. But I didn't and I made it worse.

"Caleb?" Evan's little voice startles me. I didn't even realise that he was now stood directly beside me.

I quickly reach up to wipe my eyes and clear my throat. Taking a quick glance down at his face, his blue eyes staring up at me with concern. His little hand reaches up and places it on my bare torso, I shudder at his cold skin.

"Can I hug you?" He asks quietly, his words completely taking me by surprise.

A smile breaks out on my lips, not caring that my eyes had become watery again. "Come here," I say instantly as I wrap my arms around him.

I hear Evan inhale my scent as he rests his head onto my chest. "I didn't mean to scare you," he mumbles again. "I just didn't want to wake you."