Sparta

Thanks for reading and tell me of any mistakes.

Perseus walked among the men in armor somewhat surprised with how easy it was to impress them. Perseus was in the city state of Sparta known for their skill in battle. He had approached the king, Leonidas and offered his blade since he was seeking adventure.

Leonidas was skeptical at first of the man who knelt before him as he had knocked out every guard who stood in his way. His skills were clear to Leonidas' eyes and he knew that it might take even a while army of Spartans to take this monster of a man down. While Leonidas was fighting himself on the inside he kept his face impassive in the outside. He asked Perseus to prove loyalty to make sure he didn't come here seeking Sparta's destruction.

Perseus looked at Leonidas and nodded, Leonidas seeing this knew Perseus had agreed to the trial of loyalty. He told Perseus to meet him in the fields outside of the city tomorrow with only the things provided to him. Perseus had nodded before asking where he should stay. Leonidas beckoned a slave to him and told the slave to lead Perseus to a room. The slave bowed before asking politely for Perseus to follow him but before Perseus could leave Leonidas asked him "What shall we call you" Perseus turned to him before replying "Aegeus" he simply said before following after the slave.

Perseus followed the space to a wide room with a decent sized bed. "Do you need anything milord" the slave asked kindly but Perseus just shook his head before smiling at the slave and saying no. The slave bowed once more before leaving Perseus alone to think about what will happen now.

Perseus has to say that this new adventure shall we call it was going to be very interesting plus from what he had heard a Persian by the name of Xerxes proclaimed himself a god-king and planned to attack Greece. So he went to the place that most likely was going to attack the Persians and win. He went to the city state of Sparta. They worshipped Perseus' great great great nephew or something like that who was named Ares a god of war. Perseus decided to go more into the character of a Spartan  soldier and made the choice of having a blood red cape with amor fitting for a spartan warrior.

One year later

Perseus stood next to the king of Sparta as they discussed the Persians coming close to Sparta. They could tell it was a doomed battle that would most likely end with their deaths but they were going to match anyway. Leonidas led them with Perseus or as they knew him Aegeus by his side. Over the course of the year Aegeus has proven to be a skilled warrior in battle. He had gained the respect of many Spartans including Leonidas.

They marched for Thermopylae or the hot gates as they were sometimes called. Leonidas matched an army of around 6,000 Greeks including at least 300 Spartans. Persia's king Xerxes the first led an army to the hot gates. They planned to try and take out as many of them as possible. Sounded simple enough but Perseus was cautious because it could still lead to danger.

They stood at the hot gates waiting for any sign of the Persian army and then they saw them. They had ships with hundreds of people on them. They seemed to be a lot of archers though so it would be a difficult battle but they had to win for Greece. The first wave was sent as Perseus and the army charges into battle. Perseus only saw the red stains of blood as his blade sliced through Persians and his armor once a mix of black and red was now purely red. He blocked a strike from a Persian who tried to stab him in the back. He quickly spun around and slit the throat of the man.

He turned around to survey the battle and as he did he saw bodies cover the ground. Now Perseus was not fully use to battle as he usually stayed out of such affairs so seeing this made his stomach clench. Blood covered rocks caking then in the red liquid in men's bodies. He smiled grimly as he faced forward but when he did he saw the Persians retreat for the day. He knew it wasn't over though. The Greek army set up camp as medics worked on men who were injured as Perseus sat on a rock in thought that was promptly interrupted by Leonidas sitting next to him.