Giving Up

Perseus stood as he shook his head in an attempt to get his vision back to normal from the blurry it had gone when their swords had met. Once it did he looked over to see Maximus was also looking in his direction. The arena was silent as the two starred the other down until Maximus started to twirl his sword in a circular motion. Perseus raised his as he threw caution to the wind, then they started their dance of blades once more. There was no shockwave and while under normal circumstances he would have thought more on it, now was not that time due to his limited endurance and limited power.

Perseus swung his sword towards the head as the swords clang rang out, quickly bringing it down to the legs in an attempt to knock Maximus off his feet. But it was to no avail as the swords met once more, on and on the fight went as each gained wounds that would cause them to wince for but a second before ignoring it.

They both knew the other one was tiring and so Maximus swung his sword right as Perseus' head again and again as Perseus tried to keep the sword from touching and slicing his throat. Perseus felt himself stiffen from the feeling of electricity flowing through his body as it crackled on the sword.

RIght now he was only a little resistant to lightning meaning he would not be able to fight off the numb feeling for long if the lightning continued to flow through his body. Perseus knew that this was no normal fight any longer if this Maximus could and was using lightning in it. Perseus pushed back against the sword as he focused most of his strength on getting the sword away from him. 

Perseus felt his arms protests as pain shot through the muscles only to be ignored by Perseus. Finally after a grunt of exertion the sword was pushed away and lightning stopped numbing him. Perseus and Maximus looked at each other, each could tell the other was going to use their elements as the sky darkened and the earth started to crack with water coming up from it.

They circled each other until finally Maximus charged forward, the dark sword met the lightning charged one as they fought against the other. Perseus pushed his power into the sword causing the shadows all around to wraith as if in pain until they crawled towards Maximus. A look of surprise overcame his face as shadows wrapped around his hand and tore away at the sword in his hand.

His face changed to one of concentration as he used his strength to raise his sword to the sky. Around the area it was pointed, the clouds darkened even more as they glowed blue when lightning pierced through them. It struck the sword with a force powerful enough to cause the lightning to stay crackling around him. The light from the lightning chased the shadows away from its summoner as Perseus drew water from the ground and sent it toward Maximus.

Perseus knew that the lightning couldn't hurt Maximus he needed him to be drenched to weigh down any cloth he had on him. He could feel that he was getting tired from the water and shadows, it didn't matter that for the shadows he simply feed it his power since his power was based on his strength. He had to end it quickly so he stepped into the water as newfound strength flew into him.

He couldn't help but grin as Maximus looked around confused, the sky was darkened and cast the sunlight to above the clouds not letting in even a beam. Perseus pulled Nyx(the sword) to his chest as he pushed his power into it causing it to release a erie blackish bluish glow. He opened his eyes but they were no longer their normal bluish green but the same blackish blue that the sword shone with.

Even with how dark it was, Perseus could now see perfectly. He saw the lightning being the main source of light in the area in which Perseus and Maximus stood. Perseus raised the sword as he calmed his breath to but a light breeze. However when his breath next came out, it seemed to turn the air colder as if it had suddenly turned to winter in but a second. Maximus could tell that Perseus was going to do something so he pointed his sword to the sky as more lightning hit his sword.