Python

This whole story is now for my sister, Lily who has stood beside me since birth. Enjoy and tell me of any mistakes. Oh and thank you for the vote The_Star_On_Fire for voting and TheBlackBeauty130510 and FrostyRaid for adding it to your reading lists. Thought you guys and gals may like the song and video.

Perseus sat at the beach deep in thought as many ideas and theories attacked his head. He sighed as he leaned back enjoying the sun. He had given Artemis and Apollo the day off but of course Apollo was still training.

He knew that the battle between Apollo and Python was going to happen soon so he was trying to prepare Apollo the way he had been trained. He left Apollo alone to defend himself. It was reckless of course but worth it in Perseus' eyes. He was angry at himself for not being able to help Apollo anymore.

The the day came soon as Perseus had talked to animals yeah talked to them and asked if they knew where a certain giant serpent was. They did know and he was actually nearby just a few days ago. A few days ago was when the fire happened which caused Perseus to narrow his eyes.  He would have to ask around about that later as Apollo's date with a serpent called Python was coming up.

He approached Apollo that same day to bring the news. He found Apollo training with his bow. "Apollo it's time" he said grimly and Apollo instantly knew what he was talking about. "Got it, I guess I got to say goodbye to Artemis and mother shouldn't I" with that he brought Perseus into a hug then went on to find his mother and sister.

He found them by their old burned down house trying to pick some things up. He approached them carefully knowing they would try and stop him. "Artemis, mother I have to speak to you." He motioned for them to follow him and they did. They went into the woods where he started to tell them.

"I'm going to fight Python" he said bluntly. Leto's eyes widened then she grabbed his arm and shook her head furiously "No Apollo I can't lose you" "you won't" "how can you be so sure" that caused Apollo to quiet down.

"I have to or it will only keep hunting us" Apollo all but pleaded with his mother. She sighed then looked up "You better come back young man" she said with tears in her eyes. He smile "I will" He then turned to his sister who had been quiet up until this point.

"Come back I don't know what I would do without your idiotic butt around" she said punching him in the arm. Even if she seemed harsh Apollo knew she genuinely was worried about him. "Don't worry my idiotic butt will be back before you know it" that caused another punch in the arm before Apollo set out.

Of course Perseus wasn't going to let Apollo go out alone and followed Apollo as he found and followed the trail Python left. Perseus was grimly award of the fact that he couldn't actually help Apollo fight Python but that's didn't mean he wasn't allowed to observe Apollo fighting Python.

After a few days of following the trail Apollo was there but before he started an attack on Python he sat down to rest for the night. Perseus then took a chance and walked down next to Apollo who was snoring softly. Perseus walked over and touched Apollo palm softly. "Use it well young godling" he told the young godling before going back into hiding and watching.

First person: Apollo
As I woke up in the morning I crouched down and walked over to the cave but not before eating something. I hid behind a rock and pulled out the black bow Perseus had given me and watched as Python slithered around the cave. I pulled out an arrow and let it fly I thought it was going to hit till the giant serpent dodged and I felt my eyes widen as it came at me.

I jumped to the side to avoid it but it got my arm. I felt my mouth open as a yell escaped it. This wasn't how it was supposed to go I was supposed to get it done with easily I was a god wasn't I. I pulled out the sword I brought with me as the silver glinted in the sun. I opened my mouth as a battle cry left it.

I charged at Python as I brought my sword up in a slash but he was to quick and dodged. I quickly started to get angry I was a god an immortal why couldn't I kill some giant snake a giant immortal one but still. I charged once more and hacked and slashed. All I saw was red as I got really angry.

It seemed it had enough with me as it raised its tail and smacked me. I coughed up blood as I hit the stone wall. Due to the impact I had dropped my sword and I kneeled over coughing blood. It gave me no mercy as it bit me again. I started to fell fatigue but that's impossible as even if I was not the most athletic god I was still a god. That was when it hit me poison.

It wrapped its tail around me and squeezed blood flowed freely from my mouth as I felt my rips crack. I panicked what happened to immortals when they die was all I could think. Then I felt a strange sense of calm wash over me. It was like a mist was going away from my mind. I remembered what Perseus had thought me always stay calm he would say.

It was as if I could hear his voice but that was when I was unfortunately brought back to the real world as my ribs fully cracked. It hurt like a lot, it spread all over as my immortal power tried to heal it. I had to get free so I did what Perseus told me to do if I ever got in a situation like this. I slowed my breathing as I felt my body heat up. I started to glow a golden color, it was time that this giant piece of skin or something felt what a true immortals presence was.

I roared as I took upon my true form I had already known what at least one of my domains would be. I was the god of the sun the god of light. I will cast my eternal light on even the darkest moments and with that thought the power of light burst forward. I pushed back Python as the whole cave lit up. I felt my arm pull back a imaginary bow string. Except when I released the imaginary arrow it was anything but.   

It was a speck of light as it hurled towards the monster. It pierced it and it whole body started to glow gold. Then it exploded literally, its body went all over the place even on me. Of course I just had to have my mouth open and you may wonder how that mattered well I'll tell you. It flew in my mouth it green blood went on my tongue and it strangely tasted good. Yeah I know that's gross but can you blame me I roared since one it makes me look awesome even though I don't need to do that to be awesome and two it had been the first time I had used all the power I had in me.

It was then that the adrenaline ran out and I slumped down. I was tiered but then I felt my throat constrict then blood poured out. Oh that's right the poison that was the last thing I thought as darkness swallowed me.

Third person
Perseus quickly leapt down form his hiding spot on a ledge just above where the fight happened. He watched as Apollo seemed to forget everything Perseus taught him so Perseus let the wind carry his voice to him. Hopefully Apollo would think it was something like his mind telling him that and not Perseus himself. Anyway he watched Apollo take his true form for the first time. It was meant as a last resort but in Apollo's situation that made it necessary.

He was truly impressed by Apollo's true form though it had a little too much gold in it in Perseus' opinion. In his true form Apollo's blue eyes took on a golden sun look but the rest kinda just glowed. Perseus ran up to Apollo's collapsed form and put a finger to his neck checking for a pulse. He found it and sighed as he felt for where the poison has spread too.

He then got to work to remove the poison and did so after a couple minutes. He then grabbed Apollo and hauled him over his shoulder muttering under his breath about why he had to carry Apollo back.

In case your curious about why I put in the chapters with the 300 then you'll have to wait and see. It will come into more significance later on in the story.