Back to the Sand

Thank you 2004Cookies for adding my story to your list as well as TheRipper147 and JuliaDerrer for voting.

Perseus was troubled as he looked around the place he had left Isis, it was clear that Set had found them otherwise the formly nice area wouldn't look as if a whole battle happened here. Perseus cursed under his breath, of course it didn't work this was not Greece, he may be able to summon a storm but that doesn't mean he can do everything he usually can.

He had already felt the increase in power with the worship from Argos and he despite himself trying not too, proud of himself for being a god who was worshipped by a bit of people. It was more of the fact that he wasn't quite forgotten anymore. He looked in the small cave for any signs that life had been here not long ago. It had only been about a week since he had last seen her and Horus so Perseus thought that they would probably still be here and since they were not he dearly hoped they were at least safe.

He was kinda stuck on what to do so he thought back to the birthday of Osiris where everything in Egypt went to Tartarus. He thought about all the gods and goddesses that were there and those who might support Isis and Horus but by right of conquest or in the head of Perseus betrayal, Set was rightfully king.

Perseus calmed himself as he tried to use the wind and air to locate them as long as they were above ground he might be able to find them. He would struggle if they were below ground though so he hoped they were not. He went into the form of a falcon and took off into the sky, focussing on the aura he felt. He wasn't fully sure it was Isis but it seemed close to how her aura felt.

His sharpened eyes looked over the mounds upon mounds of sand that formed Egypt, as well as letting the natural search for prey from being a falcon loose. Right now his prey happened to be a mother and her son but unlike most predators he wasn't looking to eat them but to try and protect them. Perseus found them by the nile as Isis cast magic that attacked the royal guards hunting them down. Horus who was now a toddler thanks to being a godling, was trying to get away but more guards came in front of him.

Perseus had seen enough as he used the bit of control over the sky to summon lightning. He had to be careful as to not hit the young Horus because of the metal swords the guards were using. Perseus let his body got back to that of a human as he grabbed the bolt of lightning straight out of the sky. When he did, he looked much like a sky god as he hurled lightning at them. By touching him it allowed him to put some divine energy into it.

It exploded the ground by it but Horus had a sort of shield of blue energy around him. Perseus when he cast the shield also felt another sort of magical shield on him and guessed that the work was of Isis as she was the goddess of magic. The guards were thrown backwards with their armor and parts of their uncovered skin burned. Perseus could tell they were knocked out as they stayed still, he knew he didn't put enough to kill them.

Perseus let the wind drop him as he tried to calm Horus down, the young boy shook with fear so Perseus gave him a smile hoping it would calm him down. It worked slightly as Horus stopped shaking and instead just looked at Perseus. He gazed at Perseus in hidden awe but Perseus paid it no mind as he summoned his trident.

"Stay here kid unless you see someone then run" Perseus told Horus before he ran over to where the royal guards were attacking Isis. When they caught sight of Perseus they instantly knew who he was and how he was the one to save Isis and the son of Osiris. They stepped back as Isis was about to let out a word that could possibly destroy anything in its path. She looked confused till she turned around.

When she caught sight of Perseus a smile lit up her face. "Goto Horus, I will take care of this" Perseus told the goddess before he held up his trident. The guards did not try and stop Isis from running over to Horus and instead turned and spoke to Perseus. "These matters are that of King Set, none of your business at all Greek" the one who spoke spat out Greek and you could tell he hated them with a passion. Perseus unlike many gods who would likely get angry at the guard simply smirked "Let's just get this over with."