Guilt and Perseus Number 2

Perseus woke up to the sound of the door opening and inside he felt ashamed for breaking apart so easily when primordials were imagined as all powerful beginnings. Perseus looked up to see Calypso holding a basket with some fruit in it and when she saw him looking at her she smiled. "Good morning, Perseus" she greeted him as if he didnt break down yesterday and she must have caught his look as her smile fell off her face.

"Perseus you must understand that even the most powerful people aren't invincible and while mortals believe us to be, we are not." Perseus wasn't sure what to say so he just settled for ignoring it for now and getting up to do what he always did in the morning. "Well I brought some fruit for us to eat and I have not told anyone about you being back so if you don't want them to know then you have to do your thing."

Perseus gave her a confused stare "Can't you like change how you look since you can turn into animals." Perseus now understood that she was referring to the fact that he could change his appearance. He nodded and focused as his hair turned to a light brown and his eyes a dark blue that was so dark they almost looked black. He changed his facial features as well but not too much to where he looked completely different as he thought that his hair and eyes were enough.

When he looked at Calypso again to see her nodding "Not bad, it's enough to get us by without people knowing who you are" a smile lit up her face as she said "How about we spend the day together." Without waiting for a reply she grabbed his arm and pulled him out the door giving him just enough time to grab an apple.

When Perseus saw that they were building some sort of small temple for him, he cast a small smile as it was not big and glamorous like other immortals and if he was being honest, he didn't really want that many people worshipping him at all. Not noticing his smile, Calypso kept pulling him till they were standing in the tide watching as fisherman got on their boats.

In his head Perseus could hear the prayers asking for luck in catching fish and he decided to be generous as he blessed a few of them with what he called luck of fish as it oftentimes caused fish to swarm around you. The blessing caused them to light up with a bluish, greenish color but only for a second.

"Look mom, those men are glowing" a young sounding voice called out and Perseus turned to see it was the boy he had talked to during the escape from Sparta. Perseus was confused as only those with divine blood could see it and if the boy could see it then the boy had to be a half blood. 'Or' Perseus heard at the back of his head 'He was a full immortal' but that didn't make sense.

Perseus just decided to do the handy trick of looking at the boy and seeing what presence or aura or whatever people may call it since different immortals called it something else, around the boy that would say either who his parents or parent were, or it would show what his domain was and the whole trick was based on what color surrounded him.

Around him was an electric blue color causing Perseus to snort quietly since it said that it said that the boys parents was a god dealing with lightning and Perseus would bet everything he owned on that the parent was none other than Zeus, the biggest cheater on Olympus and embarrassment of the Gods, or at least in Perseus' opinion.

But this left him in a situation since everybody knew that demigods were targeted by monsters and Perseus knew that Zeus would help him either in fear of being caught by Hera or simply because he was lazy. Perseus looked at his mother and noticed that she had dark bags under her eyes indicating that she was tired.

So with his mind made up, Perseus walked over to where they were and he overheard the mother trying to tell him it was a trick of light but Perseus knew that she was trying to make sure he didn't know of who he truly was. There was a reason they say ignorance is bliss and in this case it meant that as long as he didn't know he would have a little longer without monsters coming for him but in the end, they would still come.