Hermes and Breaking a Bond

Artemis stared at the lowering sun deep in thought, Zeus had made her realise that men like him didn't deserve to rule and it made her angry that the gods did nothing about rulers who were horrible. She stood up with her thoughts in order, she had reached a decision and she wouldn't let Zeus not comply with her decision.

-Line Break-

Maia softly sang her lullaby to the baby that lay in her hands. She knew that she should have refused the advances of Zeus but she was afraid of what would have happened if she had refused. But now she was okay with it as he had given her a son whom she had grown to love with all her heart. She had decided on the name of Hermes. She looked down upon the sleeping form of Hermes and couldn't help the smile that graced her lips.

A few days later

Hermes looked upon the cows with a mischievous grin, his mother had fallen asleep exhausted from taking care of him. The cows were strangely red and stood out on the lush green field that lay all around them. Without a second to consider the consequences of his actions he ran up to the cows.

Apollo frowned when he counted his cattle, he was missing around 50 cows and he knew that none of the cows would have just wander off. Zeus had given both Artemis and him a gift in order to make up for abandoning them and their mother. Artemis had asked to form a group of girls that would swear off men or something of the like.

But he asked for something or someone to keep him company and so for some reason he had gotten red cows. He had led the cattle to a place no one lived but now he was sure that someone had taken the meaning that there were in fact people who lived out here. He grabbed the reins of his chariot which all gods were given when they became full fledged gods. He gripped the reins and the horses that pulled them flew off into the air.

He looked around the area for anyone who could have taken his sheep and to his dismay, he couldn't find anything that was until he looked closer and saw footprints. He brought the chariot down and as soon as it touched the ground he leapt out. He was excited about finding who had stolen his cows since he was sure it was either a demigod or god.

But to his disappointment there were too many footsteps for him to be able to find the ones that led to the correct place. There were some footprints that went to the left while others went to the right. He let out a breath as he tried to tap into the power he had discovered a few days ago. His eyes glowed as he looked at the world around him, except now he saw a boy who looked like he was around 13 stealing his cows.

Apollo had discovered his ability to take a glimpse into the past and he guessed it was from his domain of prophecy which was a domain focused on the future but based on the past. (What I mean is that for example when someone went to see an oracle that was based on a past decision and resulted in them knowing what they should not, does that make sense?)

The power was limited though as he couldn't see where the kid had gone, all he got was what he looked like. Based on how he looked young he was probably still in the area so with the sthought of getting back his cattle Apollo decided to look around the area for the boy.

Hermes with his sharp mind whirling at how he was going to get away with the cattle, he grinned as he came up with the idea. Apollo after the sun had gone down, had finally found somewhere where the kid lived or stayed. What he found was a woman sleeping with a child in her arms, he stood at the entrance of the cave unsure as to what he should do. He finally decided that he would wait till the morning and so he took one last look and then flashed away.

As soon as the bright light stopped illuminating the room, Hermes sat up with a grin on his face as he looked to where the man had stood. Hermes looked to where he covered what he had made with a sheet that was disguised to look like dirt and rocks. He pulled the sheets off and there lay an item never seen before.