Goodbyes

Greetings, tell me of any mistakes and enjoy.

Perseus smiled when he saw the house by the beach come into view. He had Apollo on his back as he was still unconscious from when he fought Python, while he may have seemed short it actually took a decent amount of time and it exhausted Apollo and so he would probably rest in bed for a few days.

He saw Artemis and Leto sitting in the sand outside the cabin with worry etched on their faces. He smiled at the bond of the 3 but in all honesty Perseus wanted that kind of bond. He had felt a brotherly bond to Leonidas which made Perseus go into deep sadness when he died. It was the cost of such a bond but to Perseus it would always be worth it.

They as if sensing his presence which could actually be the case turned to him and Apollo. Their eyes both widened and then they both broke into s huge smile. Leto gracefully leaped over to where Perseus and Apollo were and took the still unconscious Apollo from Perseus. She took him inside likely to check for injuries as her motherly instincts take over.

Artemis and Perseus looked at each other for a bit before Perseus grinned and pet her head "Good to see you Arty." Arty was something Perseus had come up with and he and Apollo started to call Artemis it which annoyed her to no end.

Just like every other time she scowled at him "My name is Artemis not Arty" but her words only cause Perseus' smile to widen. He bowed to her "your wish is my command milady" which caused her cheeks to blaze red with embarrassment.

While she may not show it she actually liked her nickname and when Perseus was messing with her. She wasn't entirely sure what she saw Perseus as but right now she didn't care. For deep down she knew that this wouldn't last forever so she wanted to make this last as long as possible.

"Want to go hunting" he asked serious all the sudden which caused a delay in her response. She knew that he also wanted to talk to her so she agreed and they grabbed their gear. They set off into the forest and hunted for a bit before they stopped in a small clearing only big enough for a about 8 people to fit in.

"What is it you want to actually talk to me about, Perseus" he turned to her and sighed. "I can feel that you will leave for your father soon and doing so will leave your mother and me behind." He paused for her to process this new information. "Yeah I know but can't you and mom come with" Artemis asked while she bit her lip a little.

Perseus turned away from her and to the sun, it was midday so you could see it just over the top of the tall trees. "No me and your mother can't come with you it's not our fate but yours and Apollo and I know this so I wanted to give you one final gift. With that he pulled out a silver bow that shimmered in the sunlight.

He handed it to her as she looked at the bow, he could tell she liked it which caused a soft sad smile onto his lips. He looked back to the sun and told her "that bow was a gift to me but now I give it to you take care of it. It had the ability to honestly shoot as far as you want even if you were the weakest person but most of all it makes the wielded able to harness the full power of the moon. You don't know what I mean know but one day you will."

He didn't wait for her to answer as he turned around and walked back to the beach as she continued to look at his gift to her. She was curious about what he meant by the full power of the moon as far as she knew it was just a deity riding a chariot.

She shrugged and decided she would find out later and so she started back to the beach as well but not before grabbing the animals she had hunted. While she did this Perseus headed back into the cabin and saw in the small space Apollo on the bed with Leto next to him.

Apollo was still unconscious which meant that Perseus could do this without asking him to leave Leto and him for a minute. When Leto heard the door open she looked at it and saw Perseus enter. She smiled at him but seeing the look on his face said everything and she lost her smile.