Regrets

Perseus looked up at the woman with dark black hair and eyes that were as blue as the ocean. They lay on a blanket in the middle of a forest. Up above them the stars twinkled as they stared at each other. The woman looked at Perseus with love in her eyes, "It's okay to be afraid, Perseus. It just shows that even with all the power you have that deep down, you are still just like everyone else." She lay her head on his shoulder as they both turned to look at the stars.

Perseus blinked as he looked up to see a gray stone ceiling instead of stars like in the dream. He blinked his eyes to rid himself of the tears that wanted to fall but he couldn't let them. He hadn't thought of her for a long time, the woman he loved. She had left a hole in his heart that burned with loss, she had left him and worse still he didn't know why. She had just disappeared and he hoped she hadn't- Perseus cut off his train of thought as he focused instead of where he was. He didn't wish to think about her for a very long time, even now after so many years he still had that hole in his heart.

"Finally awake are we?" a voice rang out that sounded like it was mocking him. He turned to see who it was and low and behold it was none other than Thiazi, the father of Skadi. "What happened?" Perseus asked as Thiazi looked at him and snorted, "You slammed into my wall. I wanted to leave you to die with those injuries but Skadi convinced me not too" He gave Perseus a look that said that if he looked away for a second the giant would do exactly that.

"I would like to talk to Perseus, father" Perseus turned just in time to see Skadi slide in through the door. When Thiazi just looked away she pinched the bridge of her nose and said, "Alone." Hearing the tone, the giant glared at Perseus once more before walking past his daughter and heading out the door. Skadi turned to look at Perseus with her eyebrow raised, "I did not know you had power like that?"

Perseus looked at his right hand as he was reminded of the tornado he created, how was something he didn't know. When he was at full power, when primordials were still rulers, he remembered that he never used the power of wind much as at that time he wanted to be seen as great. As the greatest immortal, only after the Titans took rule did he realise that even a primordial could die.

At that time he locked most of his power of the Sky, wind, and lightning away leaving him with only enough to be considered a demigod of the Sky. Meaning he never looked into how powerful the power of wind could be, after what he had done did he realise how much power it truly was. But one question remained on his mind, how had he used that power when he got most of his wind powers taken away and when he locked the rest away.

When he heard a throat being cleared he looked up and saw Skadi looking at him with an annoyed expression on her face. Perseus blinked as he thought he must have been looking very hard at his own hand and that he never did answer her question. "I didn't know I had that power, I-" he paused, he knew that Skadi had helped him but he had already told her enough when he only knew her for a small amount of time. He shook his head, "I didn't think I could use it as a demigod" not a lie but it was meant to misdirect her. He knew he was far to trusting than what was good but after the time he had spent alone, he had grown to miss company so when he got some he trusted them more than what he truly should.

Skadi nodded as she gave Perseus a look of curiosity, "So how exactly are you leaving." Perseus thought about it, he wasn't sure how he was leaving only that it was soon. So he replied with that and then she left so he could change. A few minutes later they stood outside in the freezing cold as Skadi put a hand on his shoulder. "Remember the favor you owe me, oh and I want you to keep the skis." He simply nodded as he started to head down the mountain with a pack of food and water on his back.

Right as the home of Skadi and Thiazi disappeared into the winter wind and snow, he felt a tug in his stomach and stood prepared as he felt the familiar feeling of flashing. He blinked as he looked around the unfamiliar room, he had expected to find the normal throne room but instead he found himself in a room where three doors lay. He looked around cautiously but he could see he had no choice but to try one of the doors.