Tests and a Family Member

Perseus' growl echoed down the hallway lit by torches that didn't give enough light to actually see. He could already feel a sense of fatigue at simply watching and if this was what mortals felt then he pitied them so. He had been walking for who knows how long but one thing that he knew was that he had started hating hallways with a passion that could burn a whole city to the ground.

He stopped and closed his eyes trying to get rid of the annoyance as it would only make the situation worse. When he opened his eyes once more he was, not completely calm but calmer than before. He started forward once more trying in vain to think of something to keep his mind off the long walk he was on. He wasn't sure what part of Tartarus he was in but he did know he was still there since he could still feel a slight tug at his negative emotions.

He had tried to use the sword to help find his way through the shadows and darkness but it was only a blade and so he had no success. He completely stopped as a thought that made him want to yell and scream in frustration appeared in his mind. He approached the nearest wall that was semi-lit and slashed the sword across the surface, hard enough to leave a mark. A white mark was left on the pitch black walls and Perseus nodded as he started off. This time he jogged and after a few minutes he looked at a torch near him.

A white mark lay below it and this time Perseus really did yell out his anger and frustration that he had been going in circles for hours on end. He growled out loud as he grabbed the torch, he lifted it up to where the ceiling was. Only there was no ceiling, instead there was a small rope that made you jump to reach it.

Perseus threw the torch on the ground and then jumped up to get the rope. Once the rope was in hand he started to climb only after a few seconds of climbing, his muscles lit up in what felt like a wildfire. He bit back a curse as he continued going even though it felt like he was going to die with how much pain his muscles where in. The rope didn't help as his palms also started to feel a sense of burning to them.

He wasn't sure who he had angered so much that they would punish him like that, not to mention the only one who could had not been seen in centuries. He stopped as the pain got to be too much and he also let go of the rope as he felt the urge to cry out. Instead he swung his body towards the side where he hoped a wall was. To his great relief there was and as soon as his feet got planted on the wall, he kicked off.

That was apparently a bad idea as a moment later he rammed into a wall. He groaned as he tried to sit up... he shot up and looked around and found himself in a rectangular room with a throne like chair at the back of it. He noted that the throne looked like it hadn't been used in a long while and that there was a smaller almost childlike throne beside it.

The room was quite big compared to the small spaces he had been in a few minutes before. The walls were a dark blue and gold and the child throne had the same colors on it. He wasn't sure where the light was coming from since there were no torches or such that could cause light let alone this much light. He approached the bigger throne that had a wicked look to it with the black, crooked edges on it and the deep purple and blue color that ran along as if it was protecting the throne and whomever had sat in the throne once.

He held his hand out to touch it but as soon as he did the purple and blue started to swirl where his hand had touched. He tried to pull his hand back to no avail, the blue and purple from all over the throne went to that one spot as he decided to see what was going to happen since he could clearly not pull his hand away. His whole right hand disappeared into the throne as he felt something touch said hand.

He gripped whatever had touched his hand and pulled as hard as he could, which caused his muscles to make their pain noticed once more but Perseus didn't see why he should just try and pull his hand back when it didn't work before so he pulled and pulled till finally the item came out of the swirl of color along with his hand, luckily. He sat still for a moment as he sank to the ground in exhaustion and pain. He glanced at whatever he pulled out and found himself holding a crown which looked more like it belonged to a princess than to a king or ruler. It was also quite small as it barely covered his entire hand.