Egyptian Gods and Goddesses

So I am going with my family on vacation and I might only have time to post this one chapter, sorry. Anyway I want to say thanks to TheRipper147, AlejandraFeliz7, and Haunted_Creeper for voting. Tell me of any mistakes and enjoy.

Perseus blinked a few times to get use to the dark lighting of the room he was in. There was only a couple torches which cast shadows and in all made this room not a room Perseus really wanted to stay in. He saw no door which made him wonder if there was perhaps a hidden door. In all he didn't really care about some hidden door if there really was one, what he did care about was getting him out of here grabbing Calypso and getting out of Egypt. He let his body heat up, preparing to flash away and he did well he flashed just not away. He slammed into the wall as his form turned physical again. He groaned from the floor 'well I know I can't just flash out now' as of late Perseus had felt like his power was somewhat weaker than before most likely since he had no real power in Egypt.

Perseus turned himself to water vapor and attempted to go through small cracks in the wall and it worked. Only he ended up in a throne room with a bunch of what he assumed was immortals. They turned to where he was since going back to solid made a bit of noise. For a moment they just awkwardly stared at him and he had finally had enough. "What are you looking at?" His voice seemed to echo in the large throne room even though he didn't yell.

That was when he noticed an older man on a throne. He had the head of a hawk with a miniature sun above him which made Perseus know who he was without a doubt. "Ra..." Perseus had admittedly met Ra once before but that had been long ago when he was still ruler of the sea. It was clear the years had hit the sun god hard as he leaned heavily on a cane when he stood. Him and Perseus starred at one another before Ra grinned? Perseus was never sure with the bird head. "Well if it isn't the great Lord Perseus Ruler of the Sea it is good to see you again, young lord" the other gods looked between Perseus and Ra with surprise not expecting Ra to speak so freely about Perseus.

Perseus bowed to Ra hoping that he didn't offend the Egyptian gods more than he already knew he had. Ra still held a smile to him as he kept speaking. "I'm impressed, you beat one of my powerful forms all while some of your power was bound" Perseus felt himself stiffen. He wasn't sure how Ra knew about that but he had better keep it to himself. Ra slowly stood up a beckoned Perseus to follow him with his hand. All Egyptians bowed as they passed and Perseus decided it was best just to look forward. "I have heard you gave up the mantle of ruler" Perseus nodded to him and it caused Ra to sigh. "I'm not sure how you did, I wish to give up my mantle as king but when I do a power struggle will begin" Perseus knew that while the Greeks had many rulers now the Egyptians have only really had Ra. So having a king that wasn't Ra was bound to cause at least a bit of trouble.

They had stopped at a balcony and Perseus felt his eyes widen when he saw clouds below them and the moon in front of them. "Ra... why are we just kinda floating in the sky" Ra had chuckled at the expression Perseus had on his face. "This is the home of the Egyptian gods so as their king I would like to formally welcome you to our kingdom." It was then that Perseus remembered that he still wasn't sure where Calypso was. "Where is my friend" "The female one that we found with you huh, she is resting right now." Perseus sighed in relief before he asked Ra why exactly he had been knocked out. Ra looked apologetic "Sorry that was Isis the Egyptian goddess of magic. We at the time were unsure if you meant us harm so we decided that that was the best course of action but then you defeated one of my forms so we panicked slightly."

Perseus was confused when Ra clasped his hands onto Perseus' shoulders "please Perseus help me find someone worthy of the role as king" he wanted Perseus to help him find a heir that would ascend to the throne when Ra fully faded. They would also have to take his domains though as the world needed the sun. Perseus thought about the advantages of helping Ra find a heir and decided that he should just do it. "Alright I'll help you." Ra then explained how he knew that Isis was planning something to get her brother and husband, Osiris on the throne. Ra just wasn't sure how she would try to get Osiris on the throne. He thought she may try to get his secret name which would give her power over him and she could then simply just tell him to give the throne to Osiris and he would have no choice.

Perseus didn't really know much of secret names as the Greek didn't really care for things like that. He and Ra went over a number of things she could do for a couple hours but they still couldn't figure out what exactly she was going to do to get her husband on the throne. Suddenly Ra fell to the ground and Perseus hulled him to his feet. "Ra what's wrong" he was breathing heavily when he replied "poison" Perseus rushed to where Ra had said the infirmary was and he practically broke the door down. There was a young goddess their that looked like she might have a heart attack when Perseus had broken down the door. Her face paled when she saw the state Ra was in. She pushed Perseus out of the room so she could work in peace.

After a few hours she came out to the hall that Perseus was in. "The poison that is in the Ra's body is a poison that can't be cured unless the person who uses the poison lets go of their intent to kill the person they used it on." So basically Perseus could do nothing expect try to convince the person who poisoned Ra to get the poison out of him. Perseus was sure this was not going to get him any favors at all.

Then Perseus thought about it, who exactly wanted the throne just not for them but for their husband 'Isis' Perseus thought to himself. This was her plan to get Ra's secret name and Perseus had nothing he could do other than let Ra tell her it or he would simply fade and maybe her husband could ascend to the throne but there would no doubt be people who would protest against Osiris. Oh how complicated this just got was the thought that went through Perseus' head as he sighed. He would have to plan ahead if he wanted to help Ra find someone worthy of the throne.

He heard footsteps behind him which made him turn. He knew instantly that the woman in front of him was Isis. He glared at her as she let out a chuckle. "We both know that poor Ra is old and unfit to rule, let Osiris rule or well don't you are a foreign god you have no voice here." She pushed past him as Perseus felt his anger soar. Perseus clenched his teeth together and left to find Calypso, she didn't need to be here. He would flash her to Greece and then come back to help Ra somehow.

He found the room that Calypso was in and knocked. Next thing he knew he saw Calypso looking at him in relief. "Thank the gods it's you Perseus." He smiled at her but the smile didn't reach his eyes which she noticed. "Perseus what's wrong?" She asked him as he sighed.

"Ra the king of the Egyptian Gods has been poisoned by Isis the wife of Osiris who wants her husband on the throne." She looked at him confused "then just cure the poison" he shook his head. "This type of poison can only be cured by the person who used the poison." She nodded sadly in understanding. "What are we going to do?" "You mean what am I going to do" "you're not doing this alone, Perseus" "you don't have a say" was all Perseus said before he grabbed her arm and flashed them to Greece. "Be safe" was what he said as he gave her his blessing so she would truly be safe and flashed back to Egypt.

He returned to the infirmary and noticed that Isis was smirking as she pushed past him. He looked at Ra who had woken up but was in pain. "She is planning on making her move when I take the path tonight and face the darkness." Perseus remembered that Ra as god of the sun would ride on his sun boat and after 12 houses or hours he would rise again bringing light and warmth to the world once more. "Do you want me to come with you?" Perseus asked the old god who shook his head. "You have for enough friend I know I asked you to help me but I know that you as a foreign god can only do so much. I thank you for trying" Perseus blinked at Ra and opened his mouth to protest but Ra put his hand on Perseus' shoulder and began chanting in a language Perseus didn't know. He felt like fire had entered his body as he fell to the ground, grunting in pain. The last words he spoke in a normal language Perseus could understand "I announce you champion of the sun, the champion of Ra" black entered Perseus eyes as he looked on the smiling form of Ra. "Protect the son of Osiris when it is time Perseus that is my last request." And the. Perseus felt himself being flashed away.

Sorry I didn't have enough time to get fully over 2000 words but next chapter I will. Not fully sure when that will come out though. I will probably edit this chapter maybe even the whole story soon to make it flow better. Anyways thanks for reading and have a great week.