The First Act

Perseus knew something bad was going to happen from the first moment he opened his eyes on this day. Call it a gut feeling or whatever Perseus knew something would change today and even if he knew it was most likely going to be bad, he still hoped it might be nice. He didn't really think he could do anything other than hope that whatever was causing this feeling didn't do something really bad.

He had left Argos earlier to finally meet Zeus and the other gods but he realised that he wasn't sure where to go and mortals would only say Mount Olympus which was no help. He hoped to ask someone in Athens since well they were his best hope in finding the home of the gods.

But as he looked upon the city he felt that no one in there knew where it was so he decided to not even take a chance. He looked to make sure no one was looking then transformed into a falcon and took off into the sky. If there was one thing everyone knew about Mount Olympus it was that it was high above the clouds.

So with that thought in mind he looked around the area, it was slightly cloudy which made it hard at times to see where he was in Greece. Out of nowhere he shuddered and it caused what the equivalent of a frown except on a falcons face. He knew that Argos wasn't in danger since he was the immortal in charge of the growing town and knew if it was being attacked.

A spike flew right in front of his face and his eyes crossed when he tried to look at it. He looked below him and other spikes followed the first in trying to strike Perseus. He went back to his human form and summoned his trident, he used his power over wind so that he wouldn't plummet to the earth.

He raised his trident and willed it to form into a shield large enough to block the spikes from his body. Before he did this though, he grabbed a spike out of the air and the shield that was his trident stayed in the air floating. His frown that was already on his face deepened when he saw it fall apart in his hand leaving only a thing metal that looked like a small dart.

The metal looked unlike any metal he had seen and yet he still felt that he knew it from somewhere. Perseus felt something dark and evil about it and that was when it clicked to him. Long ago when his other brothers and sisters were getting their domains he remembered when they had summoned their domain weapons like Perseus' trident and one of them looked the same material as the metal he now held.

He tried to remember who had held that weapon made of the same metal but it wouldn't come to him and he was brought out of his thoughts and memories when his shield flew back and rammed into him. With his focus failing due to the shield hit he lost control of the wind and air, causing him to start to fall to the earth.

He clenched his teeth when he felt some of the small spikes enter his skin but the main reason behind the pain was the metal. It was like the metal was on fire as Perseus felt like lava was flowing through him. He couldn't focus on getting the wind and as the earth got closer he tried to block off the feeling that his whole body was on fire.

Finally he felt a sliver of wind slow down his decent but it wasn't enough as he landed roughly on the ground. He let out a few curses that had Calypso been with him, she could have smacked him on the back of his head. But that wasn't what he was worried about right now as he looked up and gazed at the figures partially the one chained to a tree with her hands above her head.

Chained to the tree was none other than Leto and on her right side was Gaea, on the left was someone who Perseus wasn't sure what type of deity he was. "How nice of you to drop in brother" it was a terrible joke but the giant of a man on the left let out a booming laugh that sounded somewhat like thunder.

"How clever, mother" Perseus tried to get a good look at the man but the pain caused his vision to blur. Gaea noticed his unfocused gaze and laughed, "Like it" she asked "You're the first person we have tested the metal my dear husband gave us." Perseus forced his mouth to form words as he tried to feel the sympathy he had felt for her in Argos but he strangely didn't feel it.