The Trials

Perseus didn't let a single thought enter his mind as he swung the black sword in his hands at the monster that was in front of him. He simply did not care as of now and instead was just trying to get rid of the pure anger he felt. Even though it had been hours he still felt the feeling of fire rushing through him with his brain roaring for vengeance.

For the first time in said hours however he paused, not because of exhaustion no he could go for months on end without break. No it was because no monster was anywhere near him and when he looked for one they would likely try and run away. Perseus' more bloodthirsty side he often suppressed spoke of how much more fun it would be when they ran into even when they knew he would catch them. Perseus now that he was back to thinking, rid himself of thoughts like that and instead walked over to a rock to sit down. He looked at the blackened steel sword that lay in his hands. It was something Perseus had taken from a fallen monster when his hands started to ache from fighting barehanded. He did not know that it was for sure a shade, worshipper of darkness but he thought that was the most likely choice as the sword seemed to suck in the light from around him and that it allowed him to have a minor control of shadows. Shades had always been favored by Nyx, the primordial of night and when they had asked for a weapon that would give them a deeper connection to her, she had given them weapons like the ones he now held in his hands.

Normally anyone who touched touched the weapons would have their souls sucked out of them but the problem lay that he was an immortal and as such when the sword tried to take his soul it found itself instead being sucked into his. Nyx has made it that if a shade was close to turning to dust, they could put themselves into the sword. When it had tried to take Perseus soul and it instead found itself soulless, Perseus had been given all it knowledge but sadly none of its powers since that came from Nyx. Tartarus brought out the worst of people and even gods were affected by it and it was why Perseus was acting the way he was, he was bloodthirsty right now but it was often like a flip of the coin. One second he was angry the next he was happy. That was why he was sadistic as of now. He still wore the armor but had long since gotten rid of the trident when he had gotten to the pit as he found he liked using his fist quite much instead of the trident.

Perseus pulled the helmet from his head as he dropped it on the ground only it disappeared as soon as it touched the ground. He frowned heavily when he felt a pull in his gut towards a certain direction. It was uncomfortable enough that he could not ignore it but not enough to be painful. He growled as he stood up and started in the direction all while watching the area around him in the case that some minor immortal thought they could get the drop on him. A few minutes went by as Perseus walked in the direction that his gut practically forced him to go in when he came across a river. Perseus raised and unimpressed eyebrow when he first saw the murky black water that lay below a thick mist that obscured what was truly in front of him from view. He forced the water towards him when he felt it trying to resist his command. It flowed across his skin as he tried to tell what sort of water it was. Wherever it went it felt like a needle was stabbing into his skin but Perseus ignored the small bites of pain as he felt a sort of divine presence in the water. It was clearly made for the simple effect of being painful when thrown on someone.

He grinned sadistically at that last thought, he already could feel the full affect Tartarus had on him and it didn't help that being someone who had the domain of the sea he was someone who like the sea, showed what emotion it was in. In other words his emotions could change in a split second and his emotions could be easily influenced. With the affect of Tartarus had on him it was no wonder he was acting the way he was. He forced the water back into its source as Perseus with the grin still on his face strolled forward. Instead of falling in the water like normal, he walked over it as he focused his main intention on getting the mist out of his eyesight. However much to his frustration and confusion it didn't work and instead it thickened which was where the frustration came from.