Sacrifice

Just so you know not everything is how it was before so there are some changes to the story of Leonidas. Anyway thanks for reading and tell me of any mistakes.

Shields went up, spears were thrusted forward into the flesh of foes, swords swung in an arc, carving into the skin of enemies. The battle for Greece had begun and Perseus had to say he wished he wasn't a part of it but he couldn't take it back so he had to follow through. They pushed onward as the Persians surrounded them. In a flash the Greeks could truly see just how outnumbered they were. Many felt fear yet but their lips and fought on, Perseus felt his blood begin to boil as his anger grew. 'Did the Greeks have no shame, to abandon their own' this thought sent him into a short burst of rage. Utilizing the emotion, he went full on berserker and charged at the Persians.

He slay any who stood in his way with no mercy in sight. Leonidas saw this but knew that even as skilled as Aegeus was, to fight with such strength forever was physically impossible. The king did not want the death of such a man as this one was. "Aegeus remember who you are" the king spoke and he could tell the warrior knew what he meant. Perseus forcibly calmed himself down and gained control of himself again as he stopped and took a deep inhale of breath and reopened his eyes to the world. He felt his eyes sharpen in a way that some would say belonged more on a bird than on a man.

He held up his shield as he ran back to his fellow Greeks, then as if they had trained for this all their life(which they had) they each raised their shields as one and drew their spears. They were going to show just why their city state was so legendary and renowned. The Thebans and Thespians did what they were supposed to and watched and tried to copy the Spartans as best they could. With that they fought on with renewed effort as they all dreamed of home and reminded themselves that if they failed then their wives and children would be in a world of pain and so they pushed on with vigor.

For hours they pushed against the Persians and they actually seemed to be winning as they started to see less and less Persians. This only encouraged the men of Greece even more as they fought with everything they had left in their tired and weary bones. But it seemed even this wasn't enough as non-other than Xerxes himself showed up. It was well known that if you took out the enemy leader then the army would confuse itself for battle was best fought with a commander.

However unlike many Xerxes stopped his soldiers as he smirked. "You must be the King of Sparta, Leonidas" the self proclaimed god king said. At this point even the Greeks had stopped fighting as their leader approached the enemy leader. They talked for a little till Xerxes smirk slipped off his face and an enraged expression overtook it. "Kill them" he screamed at his soldier but as he tried to back up Leonidas grabbed his throat and said in a booming voice "This ends here King of Persia." and without a second thought broke the neck of the 'god king.'

All at once the Persians charged and the Greeks not expecting this couldn't raise their shields in time. The Persians slowly started to completely slaughter the Greeks. Perseus could do nothing and watched hopelessly as the Persians started to win but even as the Greeks lost they died with a smile on their face knowing that they had helped kill the 'god king' so even as one by one they fell, they felt like they had the right to die as heroes and get into Elysium. Perseus to smiled despite himself and instead of falling back like many would, he joined his fellow Greeks and charged at the Persians. If they were to die this day, then they would die with a fight in their heart.

It was then that this battle agaist Persia became legendary, tales going from century to century telling of the 300 fighting till their dying breath even as many would cower and fear they charged forward. It was then that Perseus felt complete too, he felt two arrows enter his chest as he coughed up blood. The blood was red, the blood of mortals. He was happy as he felt his immortal soul leave the mortal body he had been using and returned to his immortal one. He felt that he would remember every man who fell dead alongside him on that day. But most of all he would remember Leonidas, a man who was the king of the legendary city state of Sparta but who turned out to be more than just a man, Perseus could respect him for that but above all he could also consider him a friend.

Sorry this chapter was shorter but next chapter I will make longer than I would normally do as an apology of sorts. Thanks for reading once more.