Tartarus and Checking Up

Perseus pulled the hood up as he looked around the underworld with a serious look on his face. He had to be careful les the gods the find out what he was doing. He knew that Zeus was angry at him and would try the hardest he could to get his revenge for breaking his marriage with Hera. Perseus couldn't help but think Zeus deserved that when he had acted like he was above Perseus.

Without another thought he walked towards a gaping hole in the ground. Perseus had studied the metal that Gaea had used against him and after a while it clicked to him. Tartarus was home to many mysterious things some of which could include this metal. Perseus wasn't going to jump into Tartarus just to confirm it was from there especially if he was allied against Perseus. He could however see how the metal reacted to being close to Tartarus since many metals like the one he held reacted differently when close to their source. One metal like this was celestial bronze which when close to the place of its creation would be sharper. For example if it came from under the sea then if you were near the sea then it would be sharper than normal.

Different metals reacted differently though so Perseus didn't know what to expect when he was close to Tartarus. Perseus looked down the hole with a grim expression as he held out the metal. The black twisted metal vibrated as Perseus' hand seemed to burn. The metal slowly started to crumble into itself as it's surface glowed a dim red. Perseus retracted his hand as he threw the metal from his grasp. Where the metal had been was now blackened and Perseus didn't even register the pain as he stared at the spot as it seemed to make the skin turn to dust. When the pain finally registered in his mind he tried to summon water from the air but in the underworld it was wouldn't work. He felt for any sources of water but all he found near him was the River Styx.

He walked slowly to it as his arm started to also blacken and turn to dust. He saw the river and without a worry he stuck his arm in. The water flowed up his arm as it attempted to heal it but it didn't seem to be working so Perseus pushed some of his power into the water healing his arm causing it to glow a sea blue. The problem was that he couldn't just regrow things like a whole hand of skin so he had use his limited power of creation that Chaos had gifted him when they had asked him to watch over his siblings. It wasn't powerful enough to make planets or anything of the like but it was powerful enough to make things like a block of wood but that was it for the everybody but Chaos.

Perseus watched as the skin attached to his hand covering the bones which for some reason were not affected by the metal, it was only the skin. The water helped attach the the skin all around and as he pulled his hand out of the water he gave a sigh of relief. He could still feel a slight burning feel to the hand area but it wasn't too bad to where he felt like it was on fire which if it was ordinary fire then it wouldn't have even hurt him. Perseus looked up and blinked as he saw a woman looking at him. She had flowing black hair with pale skin. But what stood out was the most were the black eyes that looked at the world with hatred. Though when her gaze fell on him he saw curiosity in them.

"Who are you?" She asked as Perseus studied her to make sure she wouldn't suddenly attack him. When he noticed she didn't seem tense as if ready to attack but completely relaxed he decided that he could tell her who he was. "Perseus" he replied as she tilted her head like a dog would do. "I am Styx and this is my river" she told him as she looked over her river. "What is it that you did?" Perseus wasn't sure what she was talking about and her seeing the clueless look sighed as she clarified her question. "When you attempted to heal yourself my water glowed a bluish color and I felt a rush of power" Perseus nodded as he answered "I infused my power into the water to help the healing process."

He then asked her "Can you still feel the power?" She nodded her head as he thought that once he pulled his hand out the power would disappear from the water. For a second no one said anything as she stared at Perseus making him shift uncomfortably. Finally she nodded and held out her hand to most likely help him up. He took it since he wanted to get off the ground but suddenly she pulled him fully under the water. He tried to swim to the top but the water didn't obey him. Images of everyone he ever knew flew through his mind as he felt a sort of hopelessness enter him. "Give up" a voice said as he stopped trying to fight control over the water. "It's hopeless" the voice whispered in his head as he stopped trying to swim up to the surface.