Losing and Titans

Athena felt herself losing hope piece by piece and quickly. She had been here for what seemed like ages and she was starting to get the real face of reality, she wasn't leaving this place. 'Please' she couldn't help by pray 'save me from this place' she highly doubted Zeus or anyone else heard her prayer and she was resigned to that fact. So far they had gotten quite a bit of information on Olympus. She had not been given the option of mercy and even if they did give her it, it was unlikely their version of mercy was the same as hers.

She hoped that they hadn't gotten enough information from her to destroy Olympus from attacking its weak points. She had always seen prisoners of war as being treated fairly enough even though they were still prisoners but this was way beyond what normally happened to prisoners of war though it may have been that perhaps this was because unlike Ares she was the goddess of strategic warfare boy chaotic warfare. Since this didn't seem like the best course of action but she wasn't exactly in a position to say anything about this situation. After all she was just a badly treated prisoner. Her only relief was that her oath to Olympus didn't allow her to say weaknesses of the other gods and goddesses.

While normally she as a full fledged goddess and Olympian at that, wouldn't need much sleep only a few hours every few weeks but with her being treated how she was, she needed more and wished for more time to sleep as well. She had, however been having worrying dreams. One showed Olympus burning to the ground with a man standing in front of the throne room laughing insanely. What was most worrying about this dream was she knew that the man was none other than Perseus. She didn't know what could cause him to do something like that unless he had completely tricked everyone he interacted with. But her worry turned into confusion when she had her next dream the night after the one showing Perseus. It showed every god Athena knew, fighting the Giants and at the front was Perseus fighting none other than Gaea.

Except Perseus looked different, from the first time she had seen him he had always looked tired even when he was just waking up. Gone was that Perseus as the one in her dream thrust his trident to the sky. Lightning seemed to dance in his eyes at pure electricity pulsed when it hit the trident. Instead of him thrusting the trident towards Gaea though he instead gripped it with both hands and slammed it into the ground. The whole world shook as lightning ran through the earth, breaking what Athena thought was facts that told of lightning not being able to conduct well through dirt.

The electricity seemed to go from enemy to enemy as if it had a mind of its own but it never attacked any god or anyone on their side, only Gaea's. Perseus didn't waste a chance as he charged once more at Gaea ignoring all that was happening around him. Then the lightning gathered and formed what appeared to be a horse of pure lightning and power. Surprisingly a boy jumped on it and didn't seem at all bothered with the lightning that arched all over the beast. Instead the boy held a speak that sparked with lightning and both the beast and horse fought together. She watched as Gaea got the upper hand on Perseus due to Zeus losing his battle to his bane and being left in a ditch while Porphyrion attacked Perseus from behind. Just as Gaea stabbed her sword of black metal into Perseus' chest the dream ended. Athena knew not what this dream meant but sworn that she would never say anything about it to the Giants or Gaea.

Meanwhile Gaea herself smirked at another victory. Perseus had apparently gone missing a few days ago and not missing her chance, Gaea had attacked Olympus. The throne room sadly enough seemed to have a barrier that kept her and her sons out and the Gods in. She knew that it wouldn't hold forever so instead she destroyed the city and she and her army left to attack Athens since it seemed to have the biggest chance at coming up a plan to slay her. Not that Zeus had informed them since in his arrogance he believed the Gods did not need any help from 'puny mortals' so it was his mistake.

The Athenians stood no chance against even her monsters as only a few demigods lived in the city. One demigod did however hold off the monsters long enough to get civilians to safety. In a single day Gaea had destroyed their most intelligent city since most Greek men where all brawn and no brain, as well the city Olympus hosted too. They had attempted to attack Sparta but surprisingly their king held the army together. Gaea knew that he was not a demigod but he did seem to have a blessing of a god or goddess due to the slight hum of power around him that usually surrounded demigods. They could not however stop her from destroying a few smaller towns that were apart of Sparta. Gaea could not help but go ballistic on the fact that she and the Giants could do nothing at Athens and Sparta due to the laws of Chaos which did not allow full-fledged primordials to challenge mortals. She was allowed to fight the few demigods they found though and a couple sons of Zeus and sons of Ares later she felt she still got her fill of fighting till she fought the gods.