Battle of Olympus

Athena could hear the Giants going into a battle rage with the death of their king and brother. That was exactly what she wanted, to make them know they were not invincible entirely. Athena turned to Zeus who was getting up from the ground, "Father I need you to do something important." Zeus couldn't help but look at Athena with doubt when she explained her plan. "Are you sure it's going to work?" He received a nod and since he had nothing better he started to head to higher ground.

When he saw a few monsters coming at him he didn't hesitate to throw his bolt as it sizzled in the air. Even with the small explosion that happened when the bolt connected with something he continued on as his bolt flew back into his outstretched hand. He could feel the dirt trying to slow him down and sink him deep within the earth to suffocate. He felt for the winds and let them pick him up from the ground as he randomly threw his bolt at anything attacking demigods and gods. Finally he spotted the place he was looking for but unfortunately he also spotted someone else smirking at him in the same place. As much as he wished he could say he could beat her, he knew he couldn't. He was powerful yes but only more so then normal gods and that was mostly due to his dominions and him being King. His eyes narrowed as his famous anger started to get the best of him. It didn't matter who or what the anger was about, all that did was that he was going to take it out on someone. Random or not. He growled as he raised his bolt to the sky causing thunder to rumble across the whole sky.

The sky seemed to split open as multiple bolts of lightning stuck the ground leaving scars of fire on the earth as a reminder of the god of the sky's anger. He hurled his bolt with everything he had and even when he did he continued on towards Gaea. The bolts power was starting to increase with the anger of its wielder and was now approaching its true power. Zeus held out both his hands as two bolts of lightning burst into them which he proceeded to hurl at Gaea. Lightning crackled around his body his eyes flashed. Bolt after bolt he threw, not caring to see if it did any real damage. Pain exploded in his back as a pillar of dirt hit him straight on. The winds could do nothing but slow the fall as it's lord fell to its sworn enemy. He crashed into the earth as the smoke from his thrown bolts cleared to reveal Gaea standing there with her spear and hand but no noticeable damage in sight. Many on the Gods side felt their hearts sink as they realized just how real this threat was. A son of Zeus looked around and clenched his fists as he stared at them. He raised his head as a coin flipped till it landed on heads when it hit his hand. A spear of lightning burst from the small coin as the boy charged at the another Giant who was meant to be the bane of Hermes. The giant saw him and blocked the spear easily. The Giant chuckled at the boy, "I like the spirit but look at your King, look around you" he gestured his hands to all around them as the son of Zeus readied his spear for a second stroke. "You have lost and you know it so why fight, why fight for the losing side." He grinned as he raised his sword to block  the spear but he looked it shock as his sword broke upon contact with the spear.

The spear burst through his gut as lightning hugged his body. A scream of pain burst through his throat as his eyes widened and a pained expression flew on his face. He looked at the boy as he pulled the spear from his gut. "How?" He spat out along as blood fell from his wound. The boy looked at him and raised the spear as the Giant tried to jump at him only for the boy to dodge and bring the spear down. "I hold a weapon created by a primordial, your weapon is nothing compared to that." With that a spear flew into the head of the Giant as the son of Zeus looked around for a god and let a smirk take his face at the look of the god the giant that was down was meant to oppose. Hermes grinned as he helped kill the Giant, "seems you've been busy" he flashed a thumbs up. "Good job" the new messenger god of Olympus then went back to killing random monsters as he pondered whether or not they actually had a chance. Hermes looked to where Apollo and Artemis were perched, shooting arrows at anyone not on their side. 'We need Perseus' was the gods last thought before he jumped back into fights across the battlefield.