Fire

Sorry it took a little longer I like to write when I feel like it and some schoolwork got in the way so sorry. Anyway enjoy and tell me of any mistakes.

The crackling of fire could be heard, not that of a calm controlled fire but that of a raging fire that devoured everything in its path. Perseus shot up from his little cabin by the seaside with a feeling he knew well. Danger.

He rushed over to his old house and saw the burning inferno started and when he looked over he saw a flash of golden light. Perseus knew of only one type of light that resembled that. Flashing from an immortal. He growled , an immortal had been under his nose and he had reacted to late. He had to ignore it right now though due to the fire. He waved his hand to summoned water to him, with but a glance the water did as it was commanded.

It drenched the flames quickly but left smoke in its steed. Perseus ran into the house and saw the three immortals running around with cloth over their mouths. He whistled loudly and they turned to him with panic in their eyes. He waved them over to the door and they all quickly ran outside, leaving the lingering flames to eat away the house as the adrenaline left them.

The 4 immortals stood there for a minute watching as the smoke covered house let them see all the damage to it. While Apollo and Artemis looked worried about the stuff inside, Leto was more worried about who had done this for she had sensed an brief glimpse of an immortal presence.

She gazed questionably at Perseus who shook his head mouthing not here to which she simply nodded to in reply. Perseus clapped his hands together to get the children of Leto's attention. "Since I'm guessing you guys don't know a thing about building a house let me show you it because as you can see we are now houseless."

He grinned hoping to lighten the mood and Apollo immediately grinned back while Artemis just looked as if she wanted to be anywhere but there except this place had been the only place she knew. His grin softened into a smile as it seemed that Apollo also caught onto her attitude towards this and started to tease her. But his smile turned sad when he remembered his own siblings and how he never really saw them only really Chronos and Ananke but even them not so often. Once upon a time he had been close to most of them but their bond broke apart as they grew older.

He sighed before shaking himself out of his thoughts and plasted a smile on his face. He brought them to his own humble abode but with it only having one room he let Artemis and Leto share while Apollo got a couple furs to sleep on. Perseus himself went outside and sat on the beach.

He watched as the waves hit the beach and for the first time in a while he felt calm. He was the former ruler of the sea so he had always felt best at sea, in some ways it was a presence closer than any could ever be to him. Such was the way of a sea deity. The moon shone overhead with the stars twinkling, and he smiled at what his life had become. But frowned after, someone had meant harm upon his new friends, he supposed they were. While he may not have his brother and sister any longer he had made his first contact in a while, but someone had threatened the bond he formed. And so he would come at them with all the fury of the sea.

He heard quiet footsteps behind him and knew it was Leto due to knowing how to walk more quietly than her son or daughter. It was confirmed when he turned to her. "I'm guessing you want to know what happened" he received a nod and so he began.

"Well I woke up and ran towards their house and saw it was on fire only a woman was running away from the house and if I were to take a wild guess I would say that it was Hera. Anyway so then you know the rest." She grew an angry expression on her face as she thought about how the queen of the gods tried to kill her or rather how she had tried to kill her children whom she loved with all her heart.

Perseus seeing her look tried to calm her down "Think about her about how she has to deal with a cheating husband all the time just think, how would you feel about that." He explained why if it was Hera then why she was mad at her and was just misguided.

Leto thought it over and agreed that the reason it could be that Hera was doing this simply to get a sort of relief over her husband who had cheated on her time and time again. However Leto also thought trying to kill them was overkill.

While Leto thought that over Perseus was thinking of if it was really Hera as he had some doubts. All he really knew was that an immortal had set the fire. He bid Leto good night then walked back to the house. The wood used to build it was black and ash was all over the place but Perseus didn't come here to check out the house he came for something else.

He went to where he saw the golden flash and looked around. He wished he had his brothers ability to look into the past but alas he did not. He noticed that it smelled like iron 'or blood' Perseus thought.

Then Perseus did something that would no doubt leave him a little tired. He gathered the scent together using his power over wind and air and then focused on the godly presence in it. He put his hands together in the spot that if the scent could be seen it would be.

He then pulled his hands apart and out of his hands appeared a dagger. You see when immortals flashed they also left a little of their presence behind which meant that it could be collected in a way. It would then form a item of sorts relating to who's domain the immortal who flashed was. After about a day though the presence would disappear so that meant Perseus got here at just the right time as the scent was faint. (Does that make sense?)

It was a dagger, a weapon used to kill meaning it had to be a war god or goddess but who would want to kill the twins of Leto, Perseus wasn't fully sure but he had some ideas. He decided he would keep this information to himself for now as it would only cause Leto worry for her children.

He headed back to the beach and went over to two trees. He made something mortals in the future would call a hammock. He then laid on it and closed his eyes, listening to the sounds of the beach and felling the light breeze on his face. In no time the immortal had fallen asleep with the dagger in a bag by his side.

He never noticed a woman standing off to the left. She seemed to be made of the earth, she let out a small sadistic laugh that was not enough to wake Perseus but was still creepy. 'It's only just begun dear brother you should have stayed forgotten' and with that she melted into the ground.