Chapter 31

P. O. V. Ella

I was laying on my bed and staring at the ceiling with my arms crossed over my chest as once again, my mind wandered down the forbidden path of my memories. I groaned as a particularly painful memory surfaced, but before it could overtake me, I heard a knock on the door. and I jumped before saying, "It's open!" Watching as the door opened, and I saw Bill standing there. Which surprised me, but I nonetheless stayed as I was. Not wanting to move as I said: "What is it, Captain?"
"I have a question," he said, stepping into the room and shutting the door quietly behind him "It's about humans..." he trailed off.
"Humans?" I said, sitting upright on the bed and motioning for him to sit on the bed next to me which he did, and I turned to face him sitting criss-cross on the bed.
"Yes. Humans." He said, "You see Pinetree has this idea in his head that humans aren't immortal and I just-"
"They aren't immortal." I said, causing him to look at me with disbelief as I continued "back when I lived with humans, I found that to be a truth. Things I could do with demons like tearing off arms and other normal stuff that wouldn't hurt us would kill them. Then after about 80 years, the humans tended to die on their own just of age. which confused me at first, then I got used to it."
"What do you mean humans aren't immortal?" Bill said, standing off the bed, "I thought you said they lived forever!"
"No," I said gently, "I said they live only part of forever they aren't demons after all."
"So what happens when Pinetree dies of old age hmm?" He asked angrily
"How should I know?" I said, uncrossing my legs and putting my hands in my lap "As far as I know there's never been a case of a human and a demon soul bonding."
That made him stop and think for a moment before he said, "And what if Pinetree becomes a demon? Would he live forever then?"
"Of course," I said "but that's a super tricky spell, plus there is that small problem of you being his soulmate, and performing the spell. That's never been attempted before, so we have no idea what the consequences of that are. "
He nodded muttering to himself before he said: "I'm fully aware of the consequences that this could have on both of us, but what if I wasn't the one to turn him?"
"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, but he had already left my room as I laid back down on my bed, thinking over what the captain had just told me...