Chapter 24

I would like to take this time to thank all of you for your patience with me. I know it must be frustrating when I don't update as quickly as usual and for that, I am sorry.

I love you all so much.

Enjoy!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////

A sigh left Jimin's parted lips as he stared up at the sky above him, his eyes taking in the sight of the moon and stars.

He was perched up on a window sill, allowing the cold night air to sweep over his body. He didn't mind the cold, though. He found it calming as he stared at the moon, which was almost completely full.

It was almost as if it was mocking him, laughing at what he knew was sure to come in just a few days.

Jimin knew that there was nothing he could do to stop his transformation...There was nothing he could do to stop himself from becoming the wolf...

He's had the curse ever since he was born, which is why he supposed the servants and maids feared him so terribly...

He had to learn to control his emotions...If he allowed himself to get too carried away in his feelings, he would not be able to stop himself from transforming into the monster that he was...

Instead, his emotions found other ways to express themselves...

Through his eyes.

Well, more like his eye color.

When Jimin was about six years old, his parents began to notice the odd changes in his iris'...The usually soft blue color would begin to shift with every new wave of emotion he felt. Anger, happiness, worry...it seemed as thought there was a different color for every emotion.

Although Jimin was glad that he would no longer turn into a wolf with every change of mood, he hated the fact that people could tell what he was feeling just by looking at his eyes. It made him feel vulnerable, weak.

Why couldn't he have been born normal like Jungkook? Why couldn't he have been the charming one that everyone loved and adored...why did he have to be....like this?

Why did he have to be a monster?

"Jimin?"

The young prince's body tensed up at the sound of your tired voice, his blue eyes slowly moving away from the night sky to gaze at you.

You rubbed your eyes sleepily, a yawn escaping your lips as you stared at the man before you.

"Why are you up so late?" You grumbled, walking over to him.

Jimin sent you a small smile, hoping down from the window sill and closing it shut slowly, forcing all the cool air back into the night.

"I could ask you the same thing." You muttered, his hands running up your arms in a soothing manner.