Chapter 41

Well, here it is...

The last official chapter of The Keepers Tale...

This has been such a journey and to end it the way that I am...It seriously hurts my heart, but I am happy with it.

I hope you enjoy the last chapter.

Thank you for reading.

-Max

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

-Two years later-

Taehyung's eyes were dark and glazed over as he sat on the edge of the bed the two of you shared, his elbows propped on his knees as he rested his hands beneath his chin.

His shirtless form seemed so out of place in the darkness of the bedroom, orange hair tousled and messy from the previous activities that the two of you had participated in.

He could remember everything so vividly...he always could.

The feeling of your skin on his, the way your hands traveled down his body, the look in your eyes when he would tease you or kiss you in just the right places.

You'd always get so shy when he would speak to you, making you ask him for what you wanted, a beautiful deep blush covering your face as you finally gave into his wishes.

He let out a sigh, staring at the golden ring on his finger.

He loved you.

He loved you so much that it was terrifying to him.

It wasn't that he was scared of you hurting him or even leaving him. No, he knew you loved him almost as much as he loved you...but, that didn't change the inevitable.

Taehyung had known--of course, he'd always known. You were The Keeper...and with that...came a list of draw backs that simply could not be helped.

You would not be able to be The Keeper forever, and when your purpose was finished...you were finished.

The two of you had already had discussions regarding your future, the two of you even getting into a few fights over it, of course, you couldn't stay mad at each for too long and you'd make up within minutes.

You'd both taken extra precautions in order to avoid having children.

And Taehyung hated it.

He had always wanted a family. That is not to say that you were not enough for him, as you were more than enough, but he wanted to be closer to you in a way that only a child could do. He wanted to be there to take care of you when you were pregnant, he'd wanted to see a miniature version of you running around and taking charge over the place.