Epilogue

Confetti.

There's a funny thing to think about.

Small, colorful pieces of paper that we throw in times of celebration or happiness. We throw it at birthday parties, or graduation ceremonies...we even throw it on New Years...

Usually, when we see confetti, our minds instantly recall something wonderful and bright..It awakens something childish inside of us...and gives us a feeling of absolute wonder..

Some people say that, in a sense, our lives are like confetti...falling in an unknown direction, continuously moving about, being blown around by wind until we finally land on the ground...and our journey is finished.

But, that isn't necessarily true...

We are each our own person, standing alone in a colorless and darkened world. We spend our lives searching for magic and color...waiting to see the confetti..

What we don't realize is that, when we least expect it..confetti comes raining down...not in the form of colorful paper...but in the form of someone we love.

In this world, there are so many things that darken our lives, numerous people that try to stomp on us and hurt us...but sometimes...there are people who take our hand and light up our world, filling it with color and wonder....

Those people...are confetti.

Whether they give us a polite word, or simply a smile...those small tiny things that make our day even the least bit better...make confetti fall.

The people that make our heart flutter and our smiles widen. The people who make our sides hurt from laughter and our eyes water in happy tears...those people are the things that color our world.

Confetti.

Taehyung stood motionless.

His multicolored eyes never left your form as he watched you read from the bench on which you currently sat.

Your hair was longer now, falling down in waves past your shoulders as your e/c orbs focused on the words that you were reading.

He'd been watching you for four years.

Whenever he could manage to sneak away, he'd come to this world, watching as you lived your day to day life...He'd never talk with you though...he couldn't.

And it was the hardest thing he'd ever had to do.

But, going without you would be even more difficult.

He'd wiped every memory of the other world away from you...everything that had to do with the fairytales..with the adventures....with him.

"Mommy!"

He smiled.

Well, almost everything.

You placed your book down beside of you, smiling widely as a familiar child ran over to you, her h/c hair up in pigtails and her body adorned in a heavy winter jacket, it's weight causing her to waddle instead of walk normally.

Her multicolored eyes were big and bright as she stared up at you, showing you the rocks she had collected from the playground, explaining to you why each one was special and even giving them names.

You listened attentively, asking her where she came up with such great names and how she planned to raise them.

Taehyung couldn't hear all of the conversation, but maybe that was because the sound of your laughter drowned everything out.

Not that he minded.

His daughter was a perfect combination of the two of you.

She had your attitude and looked alot like you...but, Taehyung saw so much of himself in her. She would never be forced to endure a life like he had...and somehow, that made his sacrifice worth it. She'd neve go a day without feeling loved.