Chapter 35

Hi!

I know that updates are few and far between right now, but my school just started back and I am currently having to juggle six courses. I made an A on my first exam!

Please understand.

I will try to update as regularly as possible!

Bye!

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

"You're my confetti."

Even now those words rang in your ears as you stared out at the snow-covered hillside, cold wind nipping at your rosy cheeks as it blew through the empty tree branches.

Although your feet were planted in it's soil, your mind was far from MiddleTown.

You wanted to run.

Even if it was the cowardly thing to do.... Even if you'd be leaving behind your friends-the people you cared for...you wanted to leave this place and run to the man you had missed more than anything...

But you couldn't run-you wouldn't run.

Not when so much was on the line...not when so many others depended upon you to make the right decision.

After Jimin has told you that the man who had come back to you wasn't Taehyung...You needed to take a moment to breathe.

The cold winter outside was a comfort to you. The silence that the snow brought made you feel somewhat at peace with yourself and the people surrounding you.

Were you selfish for wanting to leave? Yes. You supposed you were...Selfish to want to run into the arms of a man you didn't even know...You wanted more than anything to believe that he was Taehyung...but you weren't stupid...

It is true what they say...ignorance is bliss.

In times like this, wouldn't it be better to just play along and act like nothing is bothering you? Wouldn't things be simpler if you were able to pretend like the man in the inn was really your Taehyung?

So many questions filled your mind.

Who was he? Why was he pretending to be someone he wasn't? Why did he look like Taehyung?

Nothing was connecting.

Maybe it was your tired mind, or maybe you were simply missing something....but nothing seemed to click into place.

If you would just run...things would be easier.

It isn't as though things weren't difficult before...after all, when you figured out you were The Keeper, things began to take a turn for the worst.

How could you be responsible for all of this? Had you arrival been the cause of all the trouble everyone was facing? Would it have been better if you had simply stayed away from everyone?