Chapter 38

Hi guys! I am seriously hating myself for not updating this book for so long! I absolutely love writing in this book, but school and work have kept me on my toes recently. I hope you all understand. Enjoy this long chapter full of backstory and angst.

I swear that I will try to update more often!

I love you guys!

You're my confetti.

Trigger Warning. Don't read if you're uncomfortable. You've been warned.

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

It was almost like a dream...

A sweetly cruel, agonizing dream that Hoseok couldn't seem to wake up from.

His body was tense and rigid as he stared at the sight before him, hands shaking at his sides.

His mother frowned as she read the piece of paper placed in her hands, eyes narrowing harshly as her pupils dilated in what Hoseok could only describe as disgust.

He had tried to hide the letter that his teacher had sent home with him. He even contemplated throwing it out in the trashcan at school...but, for some reason, he couldn't bring himself to do it...even if he knew what would happen if his mother found out.

Turns out, his mother didn't even need to see the letter.

The school had called just before Hoseok had gotten home...as soon as the eight year old walked through the door his mother was snatching the letter from his hands, her fists clenching at her sides as she clenched her jaw.

"You stupid child," She cursed squeezing the paper. "Fighting?! You were suspended for fighting!?"

Hoseok flinched at his mother's tone, eyes never leaving the floor as he nodded slowly.

"I'm sorry, mama-"

"How stupid do you have to be?!" She raged. "I thought I raised you better. I thought that you were well enough to go to a real school. After you begged me to let you go to a school for months...this is how you repay me!?"

Hoseok sniffed, trying to keep his tears under control as he wrung his hands.

"The-The other boy started it," He explained softly. "He-He hit me and I-"

"I don't wanna hear it!" She screamed. "This behavior is unacceptable, do you understand me!?"

He nodded.

"Y-Yes, mama. I-I'm sorry."

His mother let out a huff, her head shaking as she placed a hand on her son's shoulders.

"I knew you weren't ready to go out." She sighed. "I'll just have to take you out of school and keep you home...just like before."

Hoseok's eyes widened at his mother's words, body beginning to tremble as she placed a kiss to his temple.