Chapter 29

Hello, my darlings.

I hope you're having a great day/night and I hope that all of your dreams come true.

You're my favorite people.

I love you.

Enjoy!

////////////////////////////////////////////

Your eyes were wide as you stared at the large animal that was currently curled around your small frame, his large paw draped over your waist and his snout nuzzled into the nape of your neck, his deep breaths fanning over your skin.

Memories of last night came flooding into your mind, causing your body to tense up as you began to scan your surroundings.

From what little light the setting moon provided, you could tell that you were still in the same spot as last night, the two of you unmoving in your sleep. A new blanket of snow seemed to have fallen in the night, the pure snow covering the blood and bodies of the Red Knights that had lost their lives the night prior.

From the look of it, you could tell that it was probably around five in the morning...which meant the sun would be rising shortly.

The sound of a low growl caused you to tense, eyes blinking rapidly.

You watched as the great wolf stirred into consciousness, his mouth opening widely as he yawned, large canines on display for you.

You almost gasped when his bright blue eyes met yours, head tilting in, what seemed like, contentment as he began to rub his forehead against your cheek, large paws pulling you closer to him.

Despite the falling snow, you could only feel warmth as the wolf showed you unfiltered affection, his tongue darting out to lick the wound on your leg.  

You hesitantly pushed him away, propping yourself up on your elbows.

"I'm fine." You muttered, sitting up and rubbing your head.

The wolf wagged his tail in response, rubbing his giant body against you, refreshing his scent on your skin.

You were reluctant to accept his affection, not wanting him to get the idea that you were ready to be his mate or enter into any sort of relationship...From what you have read, werewolves were extremely clingy until their mate accepted them fully. They'd scent their mate any chance they got to keep other males away from their significant other.