[02] Dehumanizing

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I RUSHED OUT of the cafeteria, my cheeks red and my skin burning with anger. I was furious, angry, fuming. 

I can't believe him! He drives me absolutely insane with little to no effort. He's stupid and mean, he's absolutely pathetic, I don't understand what his deal is.

Several years of dealing with his consistent insults and I came to the conclusion that he's simply a horrible person whom feeds off my emotions, in returning giving him a whole lot of satisfaction.

Usually I'm able to ignore him entirely, hence why I sit next to Miles, but if new girl stole my spot, so I had no choice. 

I can't handle him, he drives me completely insane.

I bet he's sitting at that table right now with a giant smirk plastered to his lips, laughing about how sensitive I am, which just irritates me even more.

I just want to walk back in there and slap him, hard. I want to ruin that pretty face of his, and give him a taste of his own medicine.

I shook my hands as I tried to calm myself down, my heels hitting against the tile as I power-walked into the girls' restrooms, two girls I didn't recognize standing in front of the mirror.

Their heads snapped towards me, "Can I help you?" I snarled.

I tried to prevent my cheeks from growing redder, not just from anger but from embarrassment too. I won't allow myself to cry, not in a public setting, I won't give others the satisfaction, everyone just wants to tear me down.

I won't allow my anger to evolve into sadness.

"Are you okay, Lila?" the brunette one asked, "Did Lakyn make you cry again?"

I rolled my eyes. She must have some balls.

I smirked, "What's your name again?"

"Poppy."

I smiled tightly, taking a step forward in an attempt to seem intimidating, just like I had done to Eden this morning.

"Listen, Polly." I spat, "You don't know me, and you certinitely don't know Lakyn, so don't act like you do."

Her eyes widened, her friend was discretely trying to slip out of the restroom, but I could see her clearly and she was being far from discrete.

"I wasn't, I was just saying—"

I hushed her, holding a finger to my lips, "I knew what you were saying." I replied humorously, "Don't try acting bitchy, it isn't working for you."

Polly scoffed, flicking her hair off her shoulder, "Whatever."

Poor comeback, Polly.

"Out."

She raised an eyebrow, "But I still need to pe—"

"Did you not just hear me?" I raised my voice.

That was all I needed to say before Polly—or Poppy, whatever the hell her name is—left, her friend trailing closely behind as they shuffled out of the restroom.

I sighed in relief. Finally, I can breathe. 

If she wasn't so rude upfront, I would have asked her to leave in a much more polite manner, but some girls just can't keep their mouths shut.

She has absolutely no right to question me or Lakyn. He probably had sex with her, like he has with half of Dayton Lakes population, and now she thinks they have a connection or something.