[07] Bad Decisions

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

I DANGLED MY feet off the edge of the bathtub, my freshly shaved legs covered in bubbles as my body was enveloped by steaming hot water, relaxing my tense bones.

It's Sunday, the worst day of the week, the day which settles in between the best day of the week and the first day of the next week.

This is usually a lousy day for me, I usually—like today—have completed my studies and have nothing to do other than lay around, usually I take it as a self-care day for myself to just relax, but considering I'm an early bird and naturally woke up at seven, I've done everything I wanted to do and now I am left completely and utterly bored.

I woke up and went to the town square to get my nails re-done, they were previously plain white, though now they are long with a coffin shape, painted in a baby pink color, after that I stopped in at Melrose's and grabbed an iced coffee to go, then drove back home, got Elaine to make me some breakfast before filling the bath up.

Which brings me to now, I've doused myself in vanilla scented body-wash, shaved every inch of my body and my hair is freshly washed too, I even used some expensive packaged keratin treatment, so it'll be extra soft.

Now it's eleven, almost, and I am bored with fresh nails and nowhere to go.

I pulled the plug, quickly hopping out of the bath before grabbing a soft white towel off the towel rack, wrapping it around my petite frame, throwing my hair up into a towel as well.

My bathroom was nice, marbled walls and floors, one tall window which my free-standing bath tub stands in front of, my large shower off to the side, big enough to fit at least five people and on the opposite wall was a long bench, plain white with two unnecessary sinks and a large mirror.

It's the biggest bathroom in the house, but dad knew I'd get the most usage out of it, so he very nicely allowed me to have it.

I exited my bathroom and walked into my room, grabbing my phone off the end of my bed before walking into my wardrobe, dropping my towel, analyzing my body in the mirror.

I wish I wasn't so pale, I wish my bust wasn't so large and my hips weren't so wide. All my insecurities are right in front of my eyes and all I can do is embrace them, otherwise they'll eat me alive and I won't stop thinking about it.

I kept my towel on my head, heading straight over to the dress section. Surprisingly, it isn't pouring with rain outside, so I'm going to make the most of it before I have to return to sweaters and thick coats.

It's not often I get to wear just a dress, unless it's summer break.

I chose a (no pun intended) lilac dress with white daisy's all over it, the straps were thin and the neckline was straight.

I put on some underwear and opted for no bra today, considering my bust isn't anywhere near small, usually I'm too self-conscious to not wear one, but the straps on this dress are too thin and it'll look messy if you can see the thick straps of my bra.

I slipped the dress up my legs, pulling it over my behind before sliding my arms through the straps and adjusting the dress. It clung to my skin, but not too much. It wasn't like a body-con dress, it just sat on my skin nicely.

I removed the towel from my head, walking over to my vanity before brushing through the knots in my hair.

As I entered my wardrobe for the second time, I pulled out my phone, deciding to text the group chat that Lakyn, Hale, Blaire and I have.

(Lila, 11:23 am)
someone come see me, i'm bored :(

I toyed with my Pandora necklace as I waited for a response, shortly after a few dings sounded and I rushed back over to my phone, disappointed with the responses.