[52] Little School Girl

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

TODAY WAS LIKE yesterday. Obscure. I am becoming accustomed to this new co-dependent lifestyle quickly, but it is still strange. It is the pace in which I am accepting this of which is the frightening part.

Things like doing our washing, cleaning up our mess, getting two towels ready for a shower rather than one or going to bed and waiting for him. I went from one extreme to another and I do not know whether to feel secure or scared.

Little over a month ago I went from driving myself everywhere, having everything and doing everything alone, to having no bedroom that is just mine anymore. No more being just me. In the matter of weeks things have stopped being about me and instead being about him. What makes him happy, what he wants to do, who he wants to see. I have no problem with it, it is just that at the end of the day I am only eighteen, I still attend school, and as I decided recently, I will be flying to another country next year to attend college.

The dreamer in me wishes for nothing but to worry about myself and Lakyn right now. I just want to enjoy being happy and secure with someone whom has no intentions of hurting me. Ever since high school people have made it their mission to hurt me. Between old Lakyn, then Kian and Arden. . .and Blaire too.

But, the sweet-and-sour thing is that the realistic part of me—which is most of me—always wins. Therefore, as I closely await adult-hood, I am unfortunately coming to the realization that this will all be over soon. 

Lakyn's future is built here, whilst mine is yet to be built somewhere else.

As much as I pray that one day I wake up in my London apartment next to a snoring Lakyn with shaggy hair, spending my mornings on the balcony, wrapped in his arms, I am aware that the chances of me waking up in my London apartment alone and spending my mornings on the balcony, wrapped in my own blanket, are higher than the chances that I will obtain company.

The thought pains me, but at least my expectations are not high. I just do not know about Lakyn. Unlike me, he is one to live in the moment and worry about the consequences later, but I cannot help but expect that in this situation, he is thinking about us in the present and future.

"You good, Violet?" his voice bought me out of my thoughts.

I blinked, reminding myself of where I was before nodded, offering him a small smile. "Yes, just tired." I replied, resting my head on the desk.

He grinned at me, his hand darting out to caress my cheek as he gazed at me, his eyes so concentrated on mine.

We were sat in the library at our usual table toward the front. Hale, Eden, and Truman seated around us, as well as the new boy; Dallas.

Today has been rather odd. Students have been on edge due to the police department sending over a group of skilled officers to investigate students' lockers in relation to Arden Roson's case. The reason being as the majority of the senior grade attended Arden's party and they have no evidence except four blood samples and a lousy note.

The blood samples have been identified, but they need statements before they can figure out exactly what supposedly happened. Two of the four blood samples, obviously, belong to Hale and Lakyn, two living humans. Arden and Kian are the other two, but one is gone. 

What can Kian say without exposing himself or his best friend? If he gets the boys into trouble, he will drag himself into that trouble too.

Gradually, throughout each period, teachers have been excusing students to show officers to their locker. The locker search is a reach, in fact, they are likely to find nothing, but when there is an eighteen-year-old missing, even nothing is something. Whether or not Arden is a terrible person, his parents deserve peace of mind knowing that their son is gone. For good.