[22] No Sluts Invited

L O V I N G
L A K Y N

EVERYONE CHEERED LOUDLY as the game came to a close. I squealed in excitement, leaving the bleachers with the rest of the crowd before sprinting over to my best friend, almost dying due to my heels, but I was thankful I chose platforms, otherwise, I would have a mouthful of grass in my gob by now.

"Congratulations!" I said as I leaped onto Hale, wrapping my arms around his sweaty neck as he dropped his lacrosse stick, wrapping his arms around me as he twirled me through the air as though I was weightless.

He smiled widely, "Thanks." he beamed, placing me back down on the ground.

I smacked his shoulder playfully, "I knew you would win." I grinned, so very proud of him.

He chuckled, his grin so wide that the corners of his eyes wrinkled. It was a rare sight, but lovely nonetheless.

Before I could say another word, everyone crowded around him, shoving me out of the way as they praised the captain of the winning team.

The game was intense and I was on the edge of my seat the entire time, I think Eden slept through all of it, snoring on her brothers' arm, but I think everyone else barely blinked the whole time as well. The Arlington Arrows really practiced, you could tell, considering their actions and strategies were so swift, but not swift enough considering we beat them by ten points.

Usually, the score is far closer than what it was, which just shows how much the Dayton Devils have improved as well. 

I watched with a wide smile as all of Hale's fans lifted him up into the air and my eyes caught sight of a tall blonde hair blue-eyed boy standing meters away from me. His face covered in sweat as his lips parted, his chest rising and falling vastly as he panted. His uniform was even darker now due to the rainfall whilst he played and also sweat.

I tilted my head slightly, watching him as he stood alone. No one congratulated him nor acknowledged his large part in winning the game. For a mere moment, I almost felt sympathetic. Almost.

He glared at me and then I remembered exactly why I would not feel sorry for him; because I hate him, just like he despises me.

I stood off to the side as I waited for the crowd to clear, so that I could speak to Hale and ask him what the plan was for after the game, but I knew that would be a while.

I sat on the, what was now empty, bottom row of the bleachers, crossing my legs.

Coach Walker praised his team before they all lined up and shook hands with the rival team, a series of good game's being heard before they left and the students belonging on the yearbook committee began photographing the two-star players together, as well as an actual photographer, taking a picture of the two with their arms around each other's shoulders and their thumbs up, for the Dayton Lakes Herald.

Hale waved me over and I sighed in relief. Finally.

I got up, walking over to where he and the rest of the team were, "Took long enough." I rolled my eyes, crossing my arms.

"Who's ready to party?" Arden shouted randomly, pounding his fists against his chest like a gorilla.

Everyone cheered except me, not just because for once I did not want to go, but because Arden would be there and lately the only party he has been inviting me to is titled trouble and unfortunately I seem to be the only one receiving an RSVP.

Hale looked over at me with a raised eyebrow and I shook my head, "I don't want to go." I mouthed and he pouted.

"Good game, guys." a familiar voice sounded and I instantly recognized it.